Oregon Senator Alan Bates dies in an ironic twist of fate.

specksandflecks

Nov 13, 2009
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Apparently Alan Bates has died at age 71 while fishing with his son. Bates sponsored legislation banning dredging because (I assume) he felt the current (at the time) dredging regulations were harmful to fish, apparently there is no peer reviewed scientific evidence to support this belief.

I never met this man and I'm sure he was loved and will be dearly missed by family and friends.

Aside from his actions to ban dredging, he sounded like a pretty good guy. Father,Physician,Veteran. He obviously cared about people and probably saved/extended many lives.

However, it is scenarios exactly like this one that serve as a not so gentile reminder for me to avoid Hypocrisy.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our thoughts go out to his family, sorry I cant help but think tommyknockers got him...

OP
OP
specksandflecks

specksandflecks

Nov 13, 2009
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm not completely familiar with that lore though what I remember thinking was they would warn the hard rock miners of an imminent tunnel collapse. I'm sure there could be other references to them though I don't know what they are. I Always assumed they were of a benevolent nature but I could be mistaken.

I don't know what it's called or how it works but there is something out there.

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Whatever else he was I will always think of him as the politician that slammed my life. He will be remembered, me in my way, others in theirs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions