Oregon Vikings off topic.... free for all thread!

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been wanting to replace my Gibson Les Paul that I sold years ago, offer was too good to refuse. BIG mistake! Today it would be worth 4-5 times as much. So...I have been working on a trade...Two of my guitars for one. An almost exact copy of my Gibby. Much cheaper as it is an Epiphone. AAA flamed maple veneer, not a much thicker cap like a Gibby, over mahogany body. Neck and body binding and I think real MOP trapezoid inlays.

Trade happens. Plays beautifully...just like it looks. I play it for a bit and start to really give it a good once over. Uh-oh. The back plate covering the volume/tone pots does not fit right. Off it comes. Some one has been messing/replacing volume and/or tone pots! One of the volume pots is too long (hence the missing knob as I inspect. Everything works right...but taped wires? You solder and then use heat shrink tubing. So I found a deluxe wiring kit, switchcraft switch and jack and CTS pots, premium shielded wire.... The absolute best. I had very little into the two axe's I traded, I bought them needing repairs. Wait a minute...

DSCN9882.JPG

DSCN9887.JPG

DSCN9890.JPG

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool!! I can't play anything! But that is an awesome piece!! Looks great!

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool!! I can't play anything! But that is an awesome piece!! Looks great!

It looks better in person. I wish I had kept my Gibson Les Paul, sold it 20+ years ago. It looked just like this Epiphone ^^ except it had an AAAA top, highly flamed, and it was made in the USA.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks better in person. I wish I had kept my Gibson Les Paul, sold it 20+ years ago. It looked just like this Epiphone ^^ except it had an AAAA top, highly flamed, and it was made in the USA.

I have that same thought sometimes, I had stuff I sold years ago I wish I had now. But I'd spend all my money on stuff, then when insurance or bill time came? UHHH OHHH... Time to sell! This is the last, last notice they are sending(at least that's what they say:laughing7:)....I lost more money and stuff on distress sales over the years! Maybe I'll learn one day! or NOT!:laughing7:

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have that same thought sometimes, I had stuff I sold years ago I wish I had now. But I'd spend all my money on stuff, then when insurance or bill time came? UHHH OHHH... Time to sell! This is the last, last notice they are sending(at least that's what they say:laughing7:)....I lost more money and stuff on distress sales over the years! Maybe I'll learn one day! or NOT!:laughing7:

I buy stuff just to resell...sports cards, antiques etc. But a guitar is something you use, ALOT in my case. I have had at least 5 guitars that have gone way up in value, I made money when I sold them but I should have waited, held on to them. Too make money? sure. But, when you find a guitar that plays perfectly, that makes you want to jam more then usual...KEEP IT! I have developed a plan. I try to have at least 5 guitars, more if I can hide them from my wife:laughing7: The ones that I like the least get sold first....to get more guitars ya see:icon_thumright: A win-win is when:laughing7: you can at least double your money on a guitar that you don't bond with...It can still be a great guitar, but for someone else.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I envy anyone that can play guitar. I don't have very many regrets but not sticking with music is one of my biggest. I was forced to play the piano starting in 3rd grade and I hated it. I wanted to play sax or guitar. By 6th grade the piano had gone the way of the hula hoop. I tried picking up the guitar at several different points of my life, but about the time I could play a song something else would catch my interest. When we first put in our house one of the first additions was a small stage and bonfire pit, over the years we've had some great get togethers. I'm easy to spot, I'm "that guy" with the bongo drum who thinks he can sing -lol!

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Girls. They paid attention when my garage,,,then later bar band played. Keggers, girls and rockin'...OH yeh!:headbang:
Then messin' with cars came into play. Muscle cars! I then got a job ...construction. years later I got my contractors license and lucky enough, met the right people whom, when I was an employee, taught me the skills needed.

A young Viking, before I knew that had Norman blood flowing through my veins! I'd have the proper head gear ya see...

DSCN4311.JPG
I always knew I was half Irish..my mom/grandparents names...and my mom (God Bless) spoke Gaelic.

Oh...and..Now-a-days My hair lost the curls, the blonde color went bye-bye...and I gained a lot of weight. fat face etc. My wife (In the pic she was my GF) she worked out , lost weight just got gorgeous!!
We have been together for 25....yes 25 years!!:headbang::headbang::headbang:
Trust me...I'am a real pain in the ass.....

Here ya go...Have a drink on me...

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/everything-else/424772-tonights-cocktail-32.html

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Girls. They paid attention when my garage,,,then later bar band played. Keggers, girls and rockin'...OH yeh!"

Boy those WERE the days buddy. If I was still drumming for Fantasy I couldn't hang today! I have no idea how the hell I worked a 40hr. job, practiced w/band and then played and partied hard Fri., Sat. and later some Sunday nights. I'm probably lucky to have survived those 3 years. We usually got our drinks free from the bar but there was ALWAYS a table of girls who'd bring us drinks between songs. And I'd be the nastiest, sweatest long haired scum bucket in the bar when done playing but 90% of the time some girl would want to "party" afterwards!!!! Life was good for awhile then... rockin', free drinks and girls! :tongue3:

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone gave me this.

What is Oregon Viking going to do with this?
Guy said 5-7 minutes non stop .

DSCN9891.JPG

DSCN9892.JPG

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tape a cigarette / cigar to the main fuse. Take firecracker roll up to the main entrance of your local Sheriffs Dept. Then light up the cigarette / cigar. Walk away and get into car across the street and have video camera ready. And.... you might want to leave a few hundred dollar bills on the kitchen table for your wife to bring down later to get you. But you'll have a great video buddy.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Cigars usually go out when left undrawn upon.
Chemicals in ciggs keep most brands burning ,but the natural unadulterated blends may not.

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tape a cigarette / cigar to the main fuse. Take firecracker roll up to the main entrance of your local Sheriffs Dept. Then light up the cigarette / cigar. Walk away and get into car across the street and have video camera ready. And.... you might want to leave a few hundred dollar bills on the kitchen table for your wife to bring down later to get you. But you'll have a great video buddy.

Sure that's one way to go. I could never do that..That would make me a "rowdy" a "troublemaker" a "nuisance"
I'am "mellow"......"relaxed"
But none of the below...:laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Brad.....Do you have any of your drum stuff from back in the day? I'm looking for a cowbell.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone gave me this.

What is Oregon Viking going to do with this?
Guy said 5-7 minutes non stop .

View attachment 1280386

View attachment 1280387

Well........This would be something to save. For example.......If there EVER was a night that my wife was ticked...and just would not stop, after hours and hours of droning and droning.....I'd light that and go outside for a cig!mumbling something like" ya, ok honey, listen to this!":dontknow: Just sayin!

Not that this would ever happen! But just in case it ever did!:laughing7:

I'm joking of course....Maybe?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guy I grew up with learns I have ford truck parts to sell/trade. Whatcha got? I ask him He says, I have a guitar, I will never learn to play, take it home see what you think. OK. I remove the strings, clean the fingerboard and the nut falls off! Hmmmm. So I investigate further and discover the fingerboard is separating! So I will GENTLY widen the gap just enough to get a 25 gauge plastic needle under the board, inject tight bond glue, clamp with a Luthier clamp. I do not want to pry anymore then necessary, because if the fingerboard separates anymore it will have to come off!

Had to use a 16 gauge needle, I did not want to thin the glue. Clamped!!
Every hour or so turn the truss rod i/4 turn to the left... then an hour later..1/4 turn to the right. You do not want the truss rod glued, and non adjustable!

Complete fret level, crown and dress. It has a wide flat neck, very comfortable to play.

DSCN5054.JPG

DSCN5057.JPG

DSCN5058.JPG

DSCN5059.JPG

DSCN5062.JPG

DSCN5064.JPG

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Brad.....Do you have any of your drum stuff from back in the day? I'm looking for a cowbell.

Sorry buddy... When I moved from MI. to TN. I sold all my mics, electronic monitors, cords, lights and my entire drum kit including 2 cowbell's. But if I dig one up out back this Spring.... I'll call ya. :laughing7:

BUT... I do have a great double bass pedal at my old guitarist's home in MI. still.

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The three Colonel Sanders.

First we have Darrell Hammond of SNL fame.

Next...Norm MacDonald...also SNL alumni.

Then we get Jim Gaffigan, another comedian.

KFC waits 21 years to bring back the Colonel, then in a year or so...three different ones!!:BangHead:
I'll bet the KFC employees are confused....:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread