Oregon Vikings off topic.... free for all thread!

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Personally, when I play it's either wheels or wings ... and how fast can it go --- or how much damage can I do with either.

Favorites:

Mig 29 Fulcrum (not compatible with windows, but excellent sim)
Anything "Need For Speed" (yes, I know it's arcade, but the sense of speed is fun!)
rFactor (racing simulator - realistic racing action)

Me and Smee practicing drafting at Talladega

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'' still using my old PS 1. Syphon filter, Dino crisis, Doom, Duke Nukem, all the driving games. I even have and old CRT TV so I can use a light gun! rofl.gif But I like the classic arcade games, defender Galaga Joust......

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If you like First Person Shooters (FPS) maybe we ought to get together for some "Alien Arena" - free, works across platforms, and lots of fun. Based on the Quake II game engine. Lots of maps, lots of fun.

Out of practice on that sort of stuff, but willing to let some light fly!

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No.............sleep...........

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Off topic from above posts.... (Hi Viking and all). When my new building is up I'd like to put up a large HO slot car track. Do any of you folks know anybody who is reliable in this arena. Are used ones, new ones better? Are 2 or 4 lane's any different? I'd like a lap counter and lap timer also... is this possible? With the same power source is there a limit on the feet of track then used? Once it's set up come one come all!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait.

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Off topic from above posts.... (Hi Viking and all). When my new building is up I'd like to put up a large HO slot car track. Do any of you folks know anybody who is reliable in this arena. Are used ones, new ones better? Are 2 or 4 lane's any different? I'd like a lap counter and lap timer also... is this possible? With the same power source is there a limit on the feet of track then used? Once it's set up come one come all!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait.
I just took down my HO track and sold the cars. It was on a 4' 8' sheet of plywood. HO are hot wheel size 1/64th. With a scale speed of over 1000 MPH...just a blur. If you have the room get the 1/24 scale. Much more fun IMO also easier to work on/modify.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just took down my HO track and sold the cars. It was on a 4' 8' sheet of plywood. HO are hot wheel size 1/64th. With a scale speed of over 1000 MPH...just a blur. If you have the room get the 1/24 scale. Much more fun IMO also easier to work on/modify.

Good info guy.... I'd like to put up an interior wall about 20' in. That will give me a 20' x 30' x 10' room to work with. I should be able to put up one hell of a track. Maybe a four lane! It would be fun to get a train going which crosses the race track and just sit it to run and then run car races. I'd like lap counters, timers and a probably other items.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread