hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi HVacker; Thanks for the info. I'll keep it in mind. I'm going "ALL" the way with this one. To me this is PERSONAL. Hit me is one thing. Hit my Family is another. They did. I want BLOOD and I'm gonna get it.!!! BELIEVE ME. !!! I'll track them to Pluto. They messed with the wrong guy here. Kicker is I just found out their address. I'm thinking about taking a nice little trip to pay them a NASTY visit. This to me is WAR. I'll let you know ok. Stay tuned. PEACE:RONB

I, and probably know many here, that would want to go for the throat. Those of us that have been in business usually know that you need to pick your battles and how much of your energy you want to expend on this.
While I figure it's not the money but the fact you were robbed. Most can identify with that. When your DA mentioned a class action suit I think he was bluffing. A judge has to declare you a class and that means all the others that were cheated need to come together and identify as a class. I might have a few things wrong about this as I am not a lawyer (yet) and it's only my understanding. One person is not a class IMHP.
The wife suggested, if you can't obtain a credit card you might consider a prepaid Visa card. You use it and spend the rest or renew it. That way you have the protection of the card w/o risking your bank account. It's a better idea than risking your good standing with your bank. There are also money orders that can't be tapped.
Got to tell you though, if the amount is small, few "Guardians of our fundamental rights and liberties" will want to spend what money they have to address a small claim even though it's as important to you as whatever else they are doing..
God Speed.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I work with billing disputes with a bank. IF YOU CANNOT READ EVERY LAST WORD OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON THE SITE RUN AWAY and do not give out your credit or debit card number.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Barker: You can rebuild your credit and get a secured credit card. You deposit, say, $250 and you can charge $125. Pay it off every month and the limit will grow and your credit will improve.

The biggest mistake folks make after a financial debacle is to stop using credit altogether. This means there isn't any new good information to dilute the bad information.

After a time, a gasoline credit card will work. That will help as welll - charge your gas and pay it off each month.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Just one more thought, It's about patent infringement. While somewhat different it is still about being robbed.
Many that decided to pursue being and have spent a bunch of money and literally got no where. Sometime it's not about who's right but how much frustration and bucks your willing to endure before you realize the system doesn't have the time, or the resources or the will, to deal with your problem.
In the end it's all about the money. You lost a few bucks but the gov doesn't have time for that. No head lines.
I have lost money with a couple of cheating contractors but in the interest of the business a wright off was better decision.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like they have already had one class action lawsuit. I would contact this same government entity that settled with them in 2014.

https://www.sccgov.org/sites/da/newsroom/newsreleases/Pages/NRA2014/Online-Fashion-Retailer-Pays-Over-$1-8-Million-to-Settle-Consumer-Protection-Lawsuit-For-Misleading-Advertising.aspx

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like they have already had one class action lawsuit. I would contact this same government entity that settled with them in 2014.

https://www.sccgov.org/sites/da/newsroom/newsreleases/Pages/NRA2014/Online-Fashion-Retailer-Pays-Over-$1-8-Million-to-Settle-Consumer-Protection-Lawsuit-For-Misleading-Advertising.aspx

Good information. But still what is one's time worth. Just trying to save some gray hairs.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bank is full of it. You have a right to block ANY payment, whether it was originally authorized by you or not. It's not the bank's place to decide if the business trying to take the money is (or was) authorized to take money from your account. If you tell them to block any future withdrawals, they have to honor your demand.

No one would pull this on me. As soon as they took that second $40, my account would have been closed. I would open up a new account at a different bank and that would be the end of it. Never give a bank your business if they refuse to protect you from this type of scam.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
The bank is full of it. You have a right to block ANY payment, whether it was originally authorized by you or not. It's not the bank's place to decide if the business trying to take the money is (or was) authorized to take money from your account. If you tell them to block any future withdrawals, they have to honor your demand.

No one would pull this on me. As soon as they took that second $40, my account would have been closed. I would open up a new account at a different bank and that would be the end of it. Never give a bank your business if they refuse to protect you from this type of scam.

Your right. If fact their is a form you can fill out at your bank to stop this. Just demand the form. Unfortunately getting money back is another thing. The scammers spend it faster than you make it, it seems. Personalty, I hate getting robbed. But I also know in life you will eventually get robbed, cheated, taken advantaged of. Some might say OK then I will also be a crook. Others will find a way to move on.
Probably a surprise will come when one finds how little our protectors care.
OK Nuf said....

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are a few general ways to protect yourself from true garbage these days, just remember these: 1) The IRS will never call you to get money from you. It's a scam. The real IRS does always does it by mail. 2) If a friend or relative gets in "trouble" or an "accident", a real nice police will never call you for you go to get gift cards and send them the serial #'s to "fix" the problem. 3) Computers DO NOT BROADCAST. Period. So if you that pop up saying warning, your computer is being hacked pull the plug out of the wall immediately (and that's not good for the computer BTW), and restart a minute later and run your antivirus and pray. The pop up it self is the virus and the hackers do not work for Microsoft. You should have had a firewall set up previously, but now it's too late for that. 4) Eye creams, wrinkle removers, testosterone boosters, weight loss products, from the net or anywhere else $4.99 or so for a "trial". I guarantee you'll wind up with at least 2 products, and within 14 days or so two bills, one for each from $85 to $95 each. DON"T DO IT. IF YOU CAN'T READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, RUN LIKE THE DEVIL WAS CHASING YOU. CAUSE HE IS.

CroMagnum

Dec 3, 2016
SoCal
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Ace 250
Titan 9000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since JustFab appears to be based out of California:

Just Fabulous, Inc.
800 Apollo Street,
El Segundo, CA 90245

you might want to start filing complaints with the California Dept. of Consumer Affairs -

DCA - State of California

They have on-line complaint forms that make it easy.

OP
OP
B

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Folks; Now for the latest. I filed Bank Fraud Charges against them today and I filed with the BBB & I am Filing a Small Claim against them Tuesday after the Holiday. PLUS I called the FBI. They are sendiing me a Report Form & Instructions on how and where to File it. I'm going to the AG's Office this Wednesday as well. The WAR has started and I"M the GENERAL.!!!! :angry4: There will be no Prisoners taken. No quarters given either. To me, the gloves are off. It's a World I'm very comfortable in from my old days. I'm feeling feelings I haven't felt since Nam. Feelings I thought I buried a long time ago. Now they are right on the surface over this mess. Stay tuned. This is gonna get good. Zippo's anyone?? >:D Keep the feedback coming ok Folks. Thanks. PEACE:RONB :icon_salut:

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi CroMagnum; I just filed with the DCA site you listed. Thanks. PEACE:RONB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread