fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know a few here are lucky/blessed enough to mine as a primary job but, for the rest of us do any you work in the following fields for your other occupation? Web designer, publicist/public relations, radio/television work, Grant or technical writing, multi media production, sciences, economist, mine school grads/engineers, lobbyist, or ...........? Curious what kind of experience our labor pool has here.

Upvote 0

preshrunkmilk

Jan 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Retired Army forestry ba from nau doing internship with dnr right now while worming on masters. Going to bring a postive outlook on using natural resources to the environmental sectors.

OP
OP
fowledup

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Preshrunkmilk, are you required to write a thesis for your program, if so what is yours on if you don't mind my asking?

Last edited:

preshrunkmilk

Jan 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Preshrunkmilk, are you required to write a thesis for your program, if so what is yours on if you don't mind my asking?

Yes ....I'm doing how WUI wildlife urban Interface mangment should incorporate all parties involved in finding a solution to a problem instead of managing for one side. As is the practice now. The past decades single species mangment has ruined the forest and lands and weaken the economy. Mangment practice of today see humans as a problem and not as a part of the ecosyatem. The solutions from this outlook is killing the land and the country.

This is my opinion from my years of experance reasearch and life do not mean to offend anyone. Happy thanksgiving

OP
OP
fowledup

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No offense taken, couldn't agree with you more. Thank you and you have a wonderful thanksgiving as well

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Hummmm I've always been of the opinion that it's the people that need to be managed, not mother nature. She's got a LOT more practice than we do. ;)

Bnugget

Oct 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Full time commercial foreman electrician working mostly Hospitals in CA, do lots of handyman work, remodels on the side lately to pay for this lawsuit against The state.

Brandon R.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Full time commercial foreman electrician working mostly Hospitals in CA, do lots of handyman work, remodels on the side lately to pay for this lawsuit against The state.

Brandon R.

I want to thank you for your personal sacrifice in standing up to this monster. If others had the courage to do what you are, the wacos and overregulators would begin to think about the wasted money in all this mess. God Bless !!

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been retired since August, 2004. I used to go out to the cotton field and pull bolls when I got home from school and on Saturdays. I also worked part time as a janitor and men's clothing department salesman in a department store. Since graduation from high school (and half year of Junior college and marriage) I have worked several machine shops, couple of grocery stores (including meat market), drove a truck delivering bread and cake, drove a truck delivering gasoline, diesel, and kerosene, then delivering butane and propane, auto mechanic, bookkeeper, auditor for a convenience store group, and then started installing and repairing the fuelling equipment for the gas stations and convenience stores, which I continued until I retired. 'Jack-of-all-trades and master of none'.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm what they call FIRE. Financially Independent Retired Early. I am also mostly BROKE. But I'd rather live where I live and do what I do in poverty than to be anywhere else in the world and flush. The goal is to tap savings till I'm 62 (6 years) and our income will double..and we can both breathe a bit.

Started out as a auto mechanic/service manager. Also a convince store/service station manager. I was going to own and operate my own Chevron station till Chevron decided to sell milk and bread instead of oil changes and brake jobs. Went to white collar as a code enforcement officer for smog. Back to blue collar building boats and finally Pest Control.
What a long strange trip it's been:icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
investor (real estate). another addiction to go along with my dirt fishin'.

deserdog

May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Electrician from 1972 to 1998, retired now. Seller on Ebay and prospector.

Aurabbit79er

Oct 29, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
A cheap little Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of my career has been as a locksmith, but I have developed many other trades as well. Recent changes in our economy have made me consider changing my game even though Locksmithing is my first choice, but change awakens something deep inside us If I am anything I am adaptable. In the 70s and 80s, I worked at Todd Shipyard and Southwest Marine Shipyard in 2 different departments, Sheet metal, and as a Joiner/Shipwright. I needed a more dependable place to work. I was still a locksmith, and have been since 1979.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread