Other then ATPRO

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
If your not worried about it being waterproof then look at the Xterra's. You can call a sponsor dealer and get a great price on a 705. The other machine would be a MXTpro. You will spend a little bit more but worth the price. If you need a waterproof VLF machine then the ATpro is hard to beat.

treasurecoasteric

Jan 6, 2014
He's right, the 705 is great, and you can change it's frequency by switching coils. You can also get a Whites M6 for about the same amount as an ATP Pro. It has a lot less bells and whistles and is not waterproof, but I have a feeling that it will also outlive an ATP Pro in the field. The M6 is a proven machine that has a LONG track record of successful use. It has basically the same operating electronics as the MXT, just not as fancy. People also swear by the Fisher F70 too, and it is also in the same price range and loaded with features. The Tesoro Tejon is also an incredibly loaded machine that you may want to consider. It all comes down to personal preference and exactly what you are looking for, but in my opinion, I would not buy anything outside of the brands that I have listed.

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
I forgot about the M6. Heck I've owned 4 of them and they are a solid performers for sure. Not a notch machine like the 705 or ATP. But simple and powerful.

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What are my choices for md's that are in the same classification and price range as Garrett AT PRO?

See if you can pick up a used fisher f75/ teknetics t2.

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will be really hard to stay in the same classification AND price. You can get a machine that is about as good on dry land, but not waterproof, or one that is good in fresh water but not for beach hunting, or one that is good for relic hunting, but not so good for coins...... You understand. Garrett did a great job with this one. If you're looking for an all around machine in this price range, get the AT Pro. If you're looking for a machine for more specific hunting, there are many choices. But as in most of life, one machine can't be the BEST at all things.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread