Our first real "BLING RING" and other finds for the week.

P

Pentico

Our first real "BLING RING" and other finds for the week.

Hello everyone and good day.
Had lots of first finds this week, which is always fun. Can't see a time where i would ever run out of new fun things to find. Before I get to our first bling ring, we ran into our first George Washington dollar and our first silver cross, "sure it's as thin as it can be, but it's silver and we'll take it." Our first really cool safety pin. Check out the picture, I'm sure one of you guys have seen one before, but this is a first for me. Also found this really cool button, looks like it's made out of pewter, and it has some cherry leafs stamped into it with the number 34 stamped in the back, it's about the size of a quarter. Other than that we finally topped 100 coins for the last 5 days. Total coins 133

Now here's how i found the bling...I found myself with a canceled appointment this afternoon and it was a really nice cool day here in Colorado for a change. So I headed over to a park that's less than a year old with wood chips. Now I'm learning how to hunt the wood chips, wood chips has been my biggest challenge without a pin pointer. Now call me crazy, "OK you're crazy," but my theory on wood chips is this...There is about 2 to 4 inches of loose chips, then there's like a hard crust of wood chips below that, kind of like last years chips that have been crushed down due to snow and rain, and the 2 to 4 inches is the fresh chips from this year. The first 2 to 4 inches of chips is easy to move around till you hit that crust. Most of the things I have found in wood chips seem to fall onto that crust. OK, it took me a while to figure that out. It did not take me that long to figure out that if you have to dig more than 4 inches, or under that crust, it could get nasty. So here i am at the new park, and about 30min in I found about 50 cents in clad. It's a small park and I was getting close to the end of my hunt when i hit a nickel signal on Findo the Ace250 at 4 inches. So i dug it, and sure enough, laying on the crusty wood chips, is a nickel! I'm just about ready to leave when Findo the Ace250 goes from a nickel signal to a dollar signal, and back and fourth and back and fourth at 4 inches. So I say "what the heck, one more nickel, it's mine." I start to dig down and I see the bottom of a bright silver ring. I thought to myself 'cool, found ring number 7,' when I picked it up, my eye caught the the sparkle of the bling! Now I wanted to do the happy bling dance, but there were some other people there, and I really didn't want to scare them away with my happy bling dance. Something about a 250 pound guy with headphones on doing the happy bling dance didn't seem fitting, kind of freaks out the kids. So I stuck it in my pocket, not the pocket with all the other finds in it, but the other one. So I then hunted the park for another 25min, hoping to find one more bling. Checking my pocket 5 to 10 times to make sure I didn't lose the bling ring. About another 11 cents and I was out of there. I get home and inspected the ring to find it stamped and looking pretty darn good. I didn't even have to clean it, that's how nice it was when it came out of the chips.
It really is heart stopping. lol
Hope the pictures work out so you all can see the ring okay.
We have the Green Army guy guarding the ring. Yeah we found him and took him home, mom said I could keep him.
Still having a blast metal detecting, can't wait for more incredible finds like the one i had today.
Love to see all of your guy's cool finds posted here.
You guy's post some really cool treasures.

Just want to thank all of you guys for all your support and encouragement.
Thank you!
We are digging, digging!
ChrisP

Attachments

• 9 7 2007 - 1.JPG
    9 7 2007 - 1.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 385
  • 9 7 2007 - 2.JPG
    9 7 2007 - 2.JPG
    7.8 KB · Views: 305
  • 9 7 2007 - 3.JPG
    9 7 2007 - 3.JPG
    9.2 KB · Views: 310
Upvote 0

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
Re: Our first real "BLING RING" and other finds for the week.

fun fun fun !!! great ring and cross ,,, lots of fun there i bet !!

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

Nice lot of finds, congrats on the nice bling ring!

Smiles!
BDoo

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Are you getting paid the advertise them batteries :D

Nice haul.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I like the button. Could you possibly post some bigger pictures of it (front and back)? Also, is that a Chinese cash coin near the button? Congrats on the nice finds.

panzermeyer

Jul 27, 2004
The Great White North
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum Tesoro Tiger Shark

Nice haul !!!! Make sure you give that soldier a nice mug of hot joe so he stays alert.God Bless and HH...Panz

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great finds, Looks like that ACE 250 is working well for you. I really like the Ring and Cross. I also like the junk items you brought out of the field. Beats me why some guys dig up junk and then bury it back in the ground, just to come back another day and dig it up again. I never could figure our why they don't take the junk with them.

Again, Great find, I know with the ACE you will have many more great finds.

HH, Ringfinder

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's

Way to go on the wood chips, and a VERY sweet ring! Congrats on a great day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread