Our friend is battling cancer

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Reed, thanks for sharing the info. Not sure what I can do, but will
help all I can.

Don't know Paul, but if he's a friend of yours he's sure to be a
good man. Prayers are in the wind for him and his family.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So sorry to hear this as I'm no stranger to this horrible disease, lost mom recently as she fought the good fight. I believe faith is important part of treatment and I'll say a prayer for the guy......Rob

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
sorry to hear that, hope he pulls through, Cannabis Oil did not work for three of my friends, fingers crossed

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My best friend Bob Doelker has weeks left....horrendous way to end a good life... prayers to your friend Reed. John

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Praying for your partner Reed and thanks for the link. I hate the disease with every fiber of my being.

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
While hoping is all well and nice, what are you doing yourself to help?

Hoping is better than going over and beyond to bring negativity into the situation. You having been a nurse could have provided some uplifting advice, instead you resorted to your usual demeaning, negative BS.

Again, I hope the best for your friend Reed & I apologize for allowing alexias to gain some spotlight in this thread. Shouldn't have even responded to him/her.

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Reed, sorry to hear about your friend and his cancer. Hopefully all will go well.

P.S. I have submitted a message to the moderators in an attempt to cure the cancer on this thread.

Enough is Enough.

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reed thoughts and prayers to you and your partner Paul. I know it is a difficult thing to endure. I too have a friend dealing with cancer as well. I feel your emotions. you and Paul keep your heads high and hopefull and MAY THE GOLD GODS SHINE DOWN ON YOU BOTH!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonder how many times you have been reported to the Mods today? I just added one. I really hope they boot you soon. You should be ashamed of yourself for the comments you have made about people that are suffering from a terrible disease. On a thread where a Well known miner and friend to many simply tried to bring attention to a friends ( and fellow miner) situation.

You are a pathetic horrible waste

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, I thought it was a project crow founding website. And I thought insurance would pay for that, even then most people don't have to pay for chemotherapy drugs or radiation. Also, the treatment he is receiving sorry to say will not work, and in my nursing experiences will more than likely result in an even earlier passing, so I think knowledge would serve his purpose more than money even could.
Alexias your not from the states so know nothing about our health care here.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alexias, do not post in this thread again.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep thread on topic. Any attacks will end in being banned. This was supposed to be about helping someone not about acting like little kids!

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cancer is a bad deal but for tumors there is hope. MedWaves Inc. is located in San Diego and they have a device that kills just the Cancer Tumor in 6 to 17 minutes depending on the size of the tumor.

The device is inserted into the tumor via a small incision into the body at the best location to reach the tumor from. Takes 2 to 3 stitches and the incision is closed up. After the procedure you are free to leave and do what you want, like take a vacation.

Once the tumor is dead the Doc's only need to treat the patient for cancer cells in the blood stream so any Kemo is light duty because the tumor is dead. Therefore the patients quality of life stays almost normal, not like the typical cancer treatment loss of quality of life.`

There are about 20 Hospitals in the U.S. that are qualified to use the treatment. MedWaves has a web site with information there for contacting them. The best hospital/doctor is in Rhode Island and the last I knew there was a hospital in Colorado (I think Denver) that was using the device.

I hope this information helps to make someone's life better off!....................................63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions