Our home towns

Mentalfloss

May 9, 2006
Oahu, Hawaii
Thought i would share a little something about my home town that one might not know if you not from there. The town of Edgerton Wisconsin use to be called the "The Tobacco Capital of the World". With over 55 tobacco warehouses. Not many tobacco warehouses are around any more maybe 5 or 6 are left and only 2 i think are still used for tobacco. Edgerton is also the home of Sterling North who wrote a book called the Little rascal. Its a great book about a raccoon he had when he was growing up its a must read if you have not read it.

http://www.tobaccoheritagedays.com/heritage.htm

Check out my town at 42 50'03.69" N 89 04' 10.21" W
Check out the house in the Little Rascal by Sterling North 42 50'14.58" N 89 04'22.21"W (zoom in for street view)
Check out the house i grew up in 42 49'54.08"N 89 03'46.91"W (its the brown house zoom in for street view)

Please post something one might not know about your town on here lets not let the history of our little towns vanish

Chris_Odom

Dec 18, 2009
New Orleans
My hometown is New Orleans, Louisiana and as almost everyone knows it is surrounded by swamps. The city was once ran by the French in the early 1700s and now is a well known tourist atraction for Mardi Gras. I like to hunt in the swamp, mainly cause of the peacefull enviroment. If you have ever seen the movie "Skeleton Key" under the long bridge in the movie is my favorite spot. I have found whole boats under there from Katrina. Im not sure about the cordinates.

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
Scratchankle, Al. A great place to live. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Mentalfloss

Mentalfloss

May 9, 2006
Oahu, Hawaii
Chris_Odom said:
My hometown is New Orleans, Louisiana and as almost everyone knows it is surrounded by swamps. The city was once ran by the French in the early 1700s and now is a well known tourist atraction for Mardi Gras. I like to hunt in the swamp, mainly cause of the peacefull enviroment. If you have ever seen the movie "Skeleton Key" under the long bridge in the movie is my favorite spot. I have found whole boats under there from Katrina. Im not sure about the cordinates.

Do you find lots of stuff from MDing there snice the flood?

Chris_Odom

Dec 18, 2009
New Orleans
Mentalfloss said:
Chris_Odom said:

Do you find lots of stuff from MDing there snice the flood?

yeah alot of odd and in stuff nothing like a most people find on this site. boat parts and fishing equipment mainly every now and then i get lucky and find coins from the old days, but it is surely fun either way. there are alot of dumping sites in the swamps that you really dont even need a detector for. it is just all piled up. you just cant be scared of critters.

Chris_Odom

Dec 18, 2009
New Orleans
yeah Nagin is about as corrupt as it gets he is deffinatly not one i would tell about any of my finds. East New Orleans is still not rebuilt all the way. This is a image of the East close to Chalmette,
20060406_new-orleans-east-1.jpg

but maybe one day.

I would love to go hunting in there but you would litterally have to make your own paths.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread