Our Nations Independence Celebration - Rained out!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woke up this morning to the sound of thunder and pouring rain! There is a forecast 80% chance of rain today.....all day and I think that just went to 100%! I have the burgers patted out, the hot dogs barking on the side and the potatoe salad and baked beans on standby. I spent most of yesterday getting the pool ready, cleaning out the grill and buying last minute groceries for what is our annual family get together. Last night my son and fiancee came in and we had a swim and a good visit. Hope I don't have to cook inside today, it's just not the same.
I have great plans for an MDing morning Tuesday and I hope it isn't rained out. There is a huge celebration, local musical and other entertainment and fireworks show scheduled for this afternoon and late evening. The event is held at River City Park which is a park and huge sports complex that has several soccor fields, baseball and softball fields, rodeo grounds and a motocross track. It usually draws several thousand people who are bound to drop things just waiting for me to pounce Tuesday morning. But alas, Mother Nature may put a kink in my plans. At any rate I plan to enjoy the holiday and see what tomorrow brings. JIM

Upvote 0

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Jimmie, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that it stops raining this afternoon for your cookout, and for your hunt tomorrow morning. We've finally had a day without rain yesterday, and it's not supposed to rain again until later in the week! Yahooo!

Have a Happy 4th! 8) surfrat

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Well, the rain quit last night and it's nice and sunny. The ground is pretty soaked so the digging will be easy. But since the winds picked up last night to 80-100 mph looks like will be spending most of day cleaning up limbs and trying to get big limb off of power lines and the phone which is still knocked out. Jim, think you'll be all right weather wise as I'll get anything 1st and try to forwarn you.
You all be safe in any driving and check you later. stoney 56

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It stopped raining about 10:00 and cleared off and became a beautiful day after all! As they say, " A good time was had by all". I went MDing yesterday as planned but that was the biggest disappointment. The park dept apparentlly policed everything up after the show and I couldn't tell exactly where all the crowds gathered. Usually you can tell by all the litter left on the groiund. Just found a bit of clad and nothing really good. Strangest thing though is that I found half a ring! Looks like someone just used nippers and cut it in two? It had one stone, a diamond of aout 1/8 carat but I think it is cubic zirconium. It shines too well to be just glass so it's either real or manmade. All in all it was a wonderful day full of family, good food. a few fireworks and a little detectin'. What else could a guy ask for? JIM

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a good time Jim,

No detectin here,,,, for the most part, the crowd/s gathered in K-mart's parking lot and other near by business parking lots to watch the fire works (hence) nothing to be found as people don't seem to lose much on concrete areas for some reason :-\

HH

Lonewolfe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread