Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had never thought about it but it makes sense you guys would have some similar style movies. Very similar beginnings of the west and austrailia. lawlessness, harsh enviornment, struggles of starting civilization, interactions with the natives and so on. I will have to check a few out as I love old westerns. Just watched Josey Wales for the first time in a long time the other week.

OP
OP
Chilli

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
I had never thought about it but it makes sense you guys would have some similar style movies. Very similar beginnings of the west and austrailia. lawlessness, harsh enviornment, struggles of starting civilization, interactions with the natives and so on. I will have to check a few out as I love old westerns. Just watched Josey Wales for the first time in a long time the other week.
Love that and my favourite Jeremiah Johnson.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chilli have you seen Quigley down under ?

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chilli have you see Quigley down under ?

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or how about The Man from snowy river or Return to Snowy River?

OP
OP
Chilli

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
Josey Wales, Jeremiah Johnson are my favorite westerns. Hey Chilli, you a Mad Max fan?
Yes. I went as a kid. Underage to see the first Mad Max with my school friend, wagging (aussie version of not going to school on a school day) to see it. Crazy as it was rated R, Adult, but as I was 6ft tall at 15 I got the tickets. Crazy huh! That was then rated R Adult. 😆
Kids play worse games now.
Mad Max was shot in some areas I lived! Damn, the flat perfect road scenes, you saw them, they were then absolutely perfect back then! I road motor bikes on them full stick back then, sheets they were. Now, wouldn't dare, you'd come to grief at just our 80kmph.
Those early days of Mad Max our roads were A1. Now, with my new car, I turn off lane keep assist as it would kill you they are so bad.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, I'll post my favorite Western. It's a 1970's movie called "The Shootist". John Wayne's last movie about a gunfighter dying from cancer. Yes, it is tough to watch some of the scenes, knowing that he eventually died from cancer in real life. Great story and a great cast of older actors. Jimmy Stewart, Lauren Bacall, Harry Morgan, Scatman Crothers, John Carradine, Richard Boone and a young Ron Howard as well. If you haven't seen it, definitely check it out.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, I'll post my favorite Western. It's a 1970's movie called "The Shootist". John Wayne's last movie about a gunfighter dying from cancer. Yes, it is tough to watch some of the scenes, knowing that he eventually died from cancer in real life. Great story and a great cast of older actors. Jimmy Stewart, Lauren Bacall, Harry Morgan, Scatman Crothers, John Carradine, Richard Boone and a young Ron Howard as well. If you haven't seen it, definitely check it out.
I have this movie on DVD It is NOT FOR SALE !!! I watch it maybe once 3 or 4 months. FreebirdTim is correct

Last edited:

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To be quite honest it is hard not to like ANY John Wayne movies. It is hard to believe he only won ONE OSCAR !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread