Out Again Today.....Probably My Last Hunt On This River For The Year

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
This is probaby my last hunt on the North Saskatchewan River for this year. The forcast temperatures tomorrow night are -14°C / 7°F so the river will surely freeze over. It's been a great year. I still have to re-screen my concentrations from this year down to -50 mesh and re-run them down my double micro sluice, then my miller table. Below is my gold from today's dig.
nov28e.JPG

nov28b.JPG

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I had 2 friends that in Mid February we would go to a small C.A. area that was blocked off from the cold wind but the sun shined up against the limestone bluffs and kept it somewhat warmer than the rest of the woods. We did this for several years until our friend Ben passed away and a couple of years latter Ed moved across the state............I sure miss them good ole days we had ! :coffee2:

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I had 2 friends that in Mid February we would go to a small C.A. area that was blocked off from the cold wind but the sun shined up against the limestone bluffs and kept it somewhat warmer than the rest of the woods. We did this for several years until our friend Ben passed away and a couple of years latter Ed moved across the state............I sure miss them good ole days we had ! :coffee2:
Prospecting sure does create some wonderful memories. Mother nature provided us with a lot of beautiful places. Well said my friend!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread