Out again...

trinityau

Jan 20, 2010
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, GP 3000 modified
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello everyone, I got out again today for a few hours of detecting. A friend Chris was with me and we were both using GB Pro's. We went to an old haunt that was very good years ago. Two other friends here on the forum should recognize the picture on the very bottom. Between the two of them they detected over a thousand pieces at this site. I hope you two are well. Chris found the first piece, about three grains, and it turned out to be a loner for him. I found a piece of ground that was either uncovered by the recent heavy rains or just missed. The biggest of the four pieces came in a 1.3 grains. The next three were 1.2 grains, 0.9 grains and 0.4 grains. That aspirin bottle of mine was pretty heavy in the pocket coming out today. Thanks, TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

Upvote 0

tyeechinook

Sep 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! I would love to find one of those! Still hunting for my first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I loved the pictures.

That sounds like an incredible spot.

Was there any water nearby so you could try to run some of that ground? (It seems like a hotspot that might produce if it was worked, especially with that much gold near the surface.) Or, if it's too dry, were there any signs of dry-washing in the area?

Just curious.

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread