SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you were able to get out. It's cold here in MI so I'm waiting until this winter is over. Enjoy your detecting time, there's plenty of treasure out there!

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upstate ny here .hoping to get out for the first time Wednesday.You probably set the bar a little high for me

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upstate ny here .hoping to get out for the first time Wednesday.You probably set the bar a little high for me

I'm in Upstate too and was able to get out in January and February, during those 60-70 degree spells. Looks like Tuesday and Wednesday will be in the 50's so maybe its time to call in sick...

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been out of commission until now hernia surgery but on the upside I'm out of work for 3 more weeks but I'm fully functioning except heavy lifting

OP
OP
B

Brian Finder

Greenie
Feb 5, 2017
Southern Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was glad the ground wasn't froze yet. I did hit one spot where it was froze 3" down.
That's too bad about the hernia Joe, I had that 2 years ago and am doing fine, hope
you do too.
Brian

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a good time of year to hit schoolyards, lots of coins dropped in the snow over the winter and now lying on or near the surface. Sandy lots will be fully thawed, wood chips less so, but still good pickings. I hit a single large school a few weeks ago and again yesterday and picked up almost $10 in change, with another dollar or two in quarter signals too frozen to dig out.

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brian,first of all I'm glad to see you spell your name properly and not with a y.
It's been 2 and 1/2 weeks since surgery they say I can't lift over 20 lbs for 6 weeks.In your experience do you think I can detect yet.

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a good time of year to hit schoolyards, lots of coins dropped in the snow over the winter and now lying on or near the surface. Sandy lots will be fully thawed, wood chips less so, but still good pickings. I hit a single large school a few weeks ago and again yesterday and picked up almost $10 in change, with another dollar or two in quarter signals too frozen to dig out.

Glad to see you got out .I'm hoping tomorrow but haven't talked to The wife about it.I've been acting super healthy.Thats very true about the surface finds I'll be sure to use that if she's anti me going.Once again I'm very pleased to see northerners getting out fairly early this year and congratulations on the finds.

OP
OP
B

Brian Finder

Greenie
Feb 5, 2017
Southern Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe, yes, take it easy and be careful. It may be a bit rough getting up and down off your knees. I didn't want to over do it
and need to go back for another round. Up and down with shallow digs shouldn't be too bad.
Take Care and enjoy, Brian
P.S. we had 2 beagles and loved them!

driftless

Sep 21, 2015
SE MN
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000, F 70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went out the same day Brian, first time this year. Went to a local school yard with a south exposure and ground was wet but thawed out. Been there 100 times and found some clad. Felt good to get out, good luck.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Well it's about 77 degrees here and so I thought I would do my backyard yet once again and within 30 seconds got a hit on a 1944 wheat penny. That's 73 years old!
Sydney was our well loved Beagle.

IMG_1503.JPG

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread