Out Today with Sample Pan Dan

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got out to the river today with Sample Pan Dan. I would have sluiced it on a normal day but the setup was not right and I did not feel like lugging buckets all day so I panned instead. Was able to pan right where the material was. Dan sluiced and did well.

IMG_5516.JPG

Upvote 0

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, that's damn good for just panning!

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that gold in the middle right of the pan?

OP
OP
goldenmojo

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes. It was a mercury button about 90 percent gold. Found it at the waterline in a little squeeze area about 4 inches wide. I just sampled around today. I left lots of spots open that were producing color as I wanted to get a read on the area.

AlaskaGold

Nov 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As always, great work you always find the color! Beautiful! Tomorrow will be my first real day out prospecting to see if I can recover from a long winter looking at all your finds.

OP
OP
goldenmojo

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
SPD always a great day on the water with you.

AlaskaGold Good luck in your first trip out. It will be my turn now to ooh and aah at the pics...

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit Yankee Jims on Monday, just cleaning out some small traps with hand tools. I'm back in San Diego now, but I'll be back up north in a couple weeks.

Attachments

• 1430976308526.jpg
    1430976308526.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 182
OP
OP
goldenmojo

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I hit Yankee Jims on Monday, just cleaning out some small traps with hand tools. I'm back in San Diego now, but I'll be back up north in a couple weeks.

Nice Color SPD. So cleaning out gutter/ditch along the roadside did work. I will have to give that a try.

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit the river today and hit a pocket of mercury. I had most of it separated and in a different container, but there was still enough in my gold and bs in my snuffer, that it turned to amalgam on the way out. At least i don't need to worry about the remaining black sand. :-)

Attachments

• 1440896138028.jpg
    1440896138028.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 169

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was out with Goldenmojo today. Didn't get much gold, but i killed it on square nails.. lol thanks again Joe.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still waiting g on my first square nail too.. lol is it weird that I want one?

OP
OP
goldenmojo

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You could have had a huge collection of them Saturday. Good thing you stopped when you did. Here is my take on the adventure. Had a great day out with you. Wish i would have brought the bazooka.

photo (23).JPG photo (24).JPG

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice lobster and gold!

OP
OP
goldenmojo

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wishin I had a metal pan....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions