Out with my boys for the first time...need ID help🤔

JJTheisen

Apr 19, 2009
USAF
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
Hey there fellow Tnetters!

I have not been on the forum for a long time, but was excited to take out all three of my boys for our first metal detecting outing today together! We had permission to hunt a known horse trail and lookout point in a town I grew up in in North Texas. They hung in there really well, and we learned about digging a plug, and putting it back like we found it. We found some cool old handmade nails, and a piece of something I would love help with identifying so I can better explain it to them. It’s the item in the picture that has the holes in it. Thanks for any help! Love reading everything on this forum.

Attachments

• 5186FFA4-CEC5-4B59-B8D4-E6A273FA2FAD.jpeg
    5186FFA4-CEC5-4B59-B8D4-E6A273FA2FAD.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 111
Upvote 14

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back to TreasureNet.

Your finds are a fine example of many items found by most metal detectors.

As afar as I can tell you have a few nut and bolt combo's... an aluminum can "pull tab"... and an "adjustment plate".

The adjustment plate would have been used to change length or depth of a piece of equipment or machinery such as a tractor or other similar thing.

Hope this helps and keep at it.

PS...

Thank you for your USAF service.

OP
OP
JJTheisen

JJTheisen

Apr 19, 2009
USAF
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
Welcome back to TreasureNet.

Your finds are a fine example of many items found by most metal detectors.

As afar as I can tell you have a few nut and bolt combo's... an aluminum can "pull tab"... and an "adjustment plate".

The adjustment plate would have been used to change length or depth of a piece of equipment or machinery such as a tractor or other similar thing.

Hope this helps and keep at it.

PS...

Thank you for your USAF service.

ARC,

Thanks so much for taking time to reply. I felt like it was some form of tractor part as well! Loved my time in the Air Force, and am thankful everyday that I had the chance to serve. Looking forward to sharing more as I get more time out with the boys!

God bless

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your boys won't forget their first treasure hunt with Dad! Part of the thrill is not knowing what you've found until you dig it up. Nice finds, Congrats and thanks for your service!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Way ta go. Looks like y'all had a good time.

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing your treasurehunt outing you had with your boys. That's what it's all about.

Thank you for your service. :icon_salut:

Last edited:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your outing with your sons. They are going to be begging you to take them out in the future !

OP
OP
JJTheisen

JJTheisen

Apr 19, 2009
USAF
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Thanks! Thank you to each of you who took time to respond! I think any chance we can get to be outside with the newest generation will yield incredible dividends in their lives.

God bless!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks! Thank you to each of you who took time to respond! I think any chance we can get to be outside with the newest generation will yield incredible dividends in their lives.

God bless!
You bet! Thank you for your service. Sounds like you’re a great dad. I’m sure your sons will be proud of you. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread