Out with Shasta Gold Hunter...

trinityau

Jan 20, 2010
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, GP 3000 modified
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all, I met up with SGH and his brother today and we took a walk through the woods to check out an area. The ground was not what I was looking for and we returned to a spot we have been detecting. I was using my 3000 with Sadie and SGH and his brother were using GB Pro's. We had been hunting almost two hours with no results when I got a real subtle signal. After scraping about five inches of leaves and grass off the surface and making another swing the signal was still there. The signal was still weak but solid so I continued to scrape off the top soil about five inches. Swinging again the target gave a more audible sound. I opened the hole up a bit on the sides and took the now gritty soil down till I hit bedrock and clay. Sticking the Sadie in the hole gave me that wonderful signal I love to hear. I used the pointy end of the pick to loosen up the bottom where the clay was and then pulled the material out. I went over the hole and there was no signal, it was in the pile. The guys were watching as I waved the coil over the pile a few times, I love that sound. I picked up a handful of soil and waved it over the coil and had it in my hand. Using my finger to move the dirt around I could see the nugget. The piece was a bit over an inch long. I figured about four penny weight.

After recovering I went back to detecting and within just a minute or so I had another signal, this one was a screamer. Four inches down and right where the topsoil hit the gritty clay like material was another nugget lying in the dirt. We went back to detecting and SGH hollered at me that he had just found a small piece. A few minutes later I was trying to find some quiet targets for the brothers to dig. I found a few but they ended up being lead/trash. We all moved down a ways and began hunting again and right away I got a solid signal. One more nugget for the poke. After an hour I had to call it quits for the day and we all headed out.

The actual weight on the big one turned out to 7.26 grams, for Shep, 4.67 penny weight. The other two were 1.37 grams and .55 grams. Again, for Shep thats .88 penny weight and .35 penny. Thanks for looking, TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

Upvote 0

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Outstanding!

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always good to see gold in the hand Ray.
Nice job and nicer gold.

Koffee

Dec 9, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Goldbug2 x2 , Garrett 250, GTX 3030, CZ20, Excal, Minelab 2200, ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Finds

Thank you for the write up. Made my morning !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread