Out with the D2 today PART 2

Magic-one

Jun 14, 2010
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites V3
What a day. I came home after feeling sick from the previous hunt. Got plenty of water and took a nap for a few hours. I woke up to the sound of thunderstorms. I laid in bed until I heard the storms stop, looked outside and it seemed to be clearing. I decided to continue hunting. I drove back to the same spot and I did not take my bag full of coils with me since I knew I would only be using my D2 coil. Got there and six thirty and remembered my bug spray was in my bag so I started getting eaten by mosquitoes (can't win today) I started back where I left off and within five minutes I pulled a nice 1957 Washington quarter at about 7 inches. Then I came upon an iffy signal about 6 inches deep ended up being a hair barrette. Got a little clad after that and then I got a round disc/clip looking thing that you can see in the picture, it's broken. Don't know exactly what it is (maybe a money clip?) Then I came too a great dime signal that was telling me about 7 1/2 inches. But the signal was kind of odd being that it was kind of drawn out. I dug down and was pleased to find a 1964 Rosie. I stuck my pin-pointer in the hole and it still went off. I thought "Could it be another?" I dug down about an inch farther and there was a 1944 Merc!! Then I got what I was hoping was an Indiana at about 9 1/2 inches deep. But after cleaning it up it was a 1920 Wheat. I also found a very small set of calipers that have long since disintegrated. It appears that the slide part had a wooden slide since it came up with the calipers but disintegrated. So my totals for today in only roughly four hours of hunting are six silver, four wheats, assorted clad and relics. Not bad considering I got sick from the heat and bit to death by mosquitoes.
Thanks for looking and thanks again Jack!

DSCF0004-5.jpg

DSCF0002-7.jpg

Upvote 0

jb58

May 22, 2009
missouri
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on the great finds! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions