Outlaw Acting Funny. Need Warranty Advice.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On 10/23/12 I purchased an Outlaw. I used for a few days and sold it to a cousin on 10/27/12 who looking at getting a Vaq.
The warranty card was not sent in with the 10 day period.
Yesterday while we were hunting a park the Outlaw started acting goofy.
At first it reversed all metal and Disc modes. (Disc acted as all metal and vice versa) After trying to trouble shoot (check/replace battery,check coil cord,loose switch), it just wouldn't act consistently at all in any kind of mode.

What's the best approach going forward? Will factory still cover any issues on this?

Advise please!
Thx

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would go to Tesoro's website, find the number, give them a call. I talked to a guy, he said that the behavior my Tiger Shark was exhibiting was not what they expect from a Tesoro and had me send it in. They retuned my coil, waterproofed it and returned it free of charge. It was out of warranty. Does that mean that they will do the same for you? Maybe not, but you won't know until you ask. They were really great folks so I don't think you'll have a problem.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You didn't say that you cleaned out the coil cover of any black sand that got in there. Did you try one of the other coils? We live in a busy world today with all kinds of wireless transmissions to mess up electronics. EMI fields from cell phones are only part of the problem. Tesoro will normally fix any detector they make free of charge. So you should have no trouble if something is wrong.

Tee1up

Sep 9, 2012
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made the same mistake with the Outlaw.
I emailed in a copy of my bill of sale and then followed up with a phone call (Robert).

Good to go, no problems.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread