Outlaw has arrived

goodtimecharlie

Aug 11, 2012
winfield,ks.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600-Tesoro Mojave-Tesoro Tiger Shark- TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have been wanting to try am Outlaw for a long time and finally snagged one off of E-bay. It just arrived today and I ran her through my test bed. It did pretty good on all the targets except a Silver quarter at 12" It hit on it ,but just barely. It screamed on the 10" clad quarter and all other targets. Got to be out of town tomorrow, but hoping to get out with it Sunday.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
go more negative on GB..

I have been wanting to try am Outlaw for a long time and finally snagged one off of E-bay. It just arrived today and I ran her through my test bed. It did pretty good on all the targets except a Silver quarter at 12" It hit on it ,but just barely. It screamed on the 10" clad quarter and all other targets. Got to be out of town tomorrow, but hoping to get out with it Sunday.

Outlaw will hit the quarters better if you set the GB more negative, and turn down sensitivity a bit. Try it.. :icon_thumleft:

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you're the one that snagged it ... Lol
Hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.
Most get confused by that red button... But it's no biggie once you read the manual to understand it.

May you have many great finds with your new outlaw!!!

P.s. 1/4 turn negative on GB will do wonders.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Learn Monte's "power balance"..

I think everyone with a manual GB Tesoro should learn to "power balance" their manual GB Tesoro in disc mode, rather than in all-metal (technique and term coined by detectorist Monte Berry).
It'll run a little noisier, but you'll see better depth and stronger target response with GB set "near the edge". It's easy to do once you know how, and just takes a few seconds.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And don't touch the disc knob while running all metal....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread