Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best good news article I have read in a long time. This is enormous. Did you post it for the fossil crew yet? Wow!

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
I'm still up in the air about that piece, not quite sure what to think. It will be an interesting story to find though, that's for sure.

ohio

Bronze Member
May 28, 2007
Hmmm. I am going to reserve judgement on this thing.
Chuck

OP
OP
11KBP

11KBP

Oct 7, 2008
Central Great Plains
Neanderthal said:
I'm still up in the air about that piece, not quite sure what to think. It will be an interesting story to find though, that's for sure.
ohio said:
Chuck
thirty7 said:
pretty sketchy imo.

I'm just passing the information on gentlemen. At this point in time I can't to tell you whether it is a hoax or the real deal and I'm certainly not qualified to pass judgement on an item such as this.

11KBP

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
11KBP said:
Neanderthal said:
ohio said:
Chuck
thirty7 said:
pretty sketchy imo.

I'm just passing the information on gentlemen. At this point in time I can't to tell you whether it is a hoax or the real deal and I'm certainly not qualified to pass judgement on an item such as this.

11KBP

It's interesting nonetheless thanks for the link, I'm not questioning you but the ' experts ' in the article, be interested in seeing a carbon date on that piece.

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
11KBP said:

11KBP

Oh, no, don't get me wrong, I appreciate the link!

ohio

Bronze Member
May 28, 2007
11KBP,

Do not get me wrong...It is an interesting link for sure and I am glad you posted it. As fossilized bones of mastondons and other mammalian mega fauna are quite common in FL, I am sure the bone is a true follilized elephant bone. That said, carbon dating it would not prove the age of the carving itself. It certainly is interesting and will be REALLY interesting to see how this thing pans out.
Chuck

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say why not? Be great for it to pass all test. If it did I would enjoy a framed print of the early Art.
That it set in a box for several years by the finder bothers me but then many discovery's come from the dusty shelves of museums and university's. Lets hope that we continue to hear more on this post about it. Thanks 11KBP.

oldgoat

Oct 21, 2008
11kbp, great post...I'm not a doubter, would like to see the test results, tho...Just adds one more link in the chain of evidence, that some of the earliest settlers came from Europe and not just across the Bering Strait...
TnMountains, your comment about the dusty box made me look around my place and notice all the dino fossils that I have never gotten to fully examine, either because of time restraints or just bringing it in and saying "I'll get to it..." Dusty boxes or shelves are sometimes a way of life... :dontknow:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oldgoat said:
11kbp, great post...I'm not a doubter, would like to see the test results, tho...Just adds one more link in the chain of evidence, that some of the earliest settlers came from Europe and not just across the Bering Strait...
TnMountains, your comment about the dusty box made me look around my place and notice all the dino fossils that I have never gotten to fully examine, either because of time restraints or just bringing it in and saying "I'll get to it..." Dusty boxes or shelves are sometimes a way of life... :dontknow:
I know. I have buckets full of worked flint and pottery. I am sure that there are things waiting to be discovered in them..... one day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread