Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Camped over here last night in one of my favorite areas. Lot of history here. Peculiar weather. Barely broke 50 in the day, and it felt cold cause it was clouded up and raining, then rained most of the night but only dropped to 41 and felt way more warmer. (I've seen it in the 30's here in July.) Lot of a ground cover plant called Bearberry here. Supposedly bears like to eat it and it has medicinal purposes. And has nothin to do with camping, but a pic of Maria, me, and the newest grandson, Mateo. Very calm and studious little rascal. Sorry for sneakin that in, but I'm a proud abuelo and hope the outdoors are still here for mis nietos to enjoy.

Attachments

• 10-5a.jpg
    10-5a.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 10-5b.jpg
    10-5b.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 10-5c.jpg
    10-5c.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 10-5d.jpg
    10-5d.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 10-6jj.jpg
    10-6jj.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 70

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ran into fresh bear tracks up there on the tailings of the Champion mine. There was a story I herd in Leadville about a husband & wife who lived in the Champion mine. They supposably hauled out a good amount of high grade gold ore. Congratulations on your grandson.

Enginefitter

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice pics!
That's a very unique bridge, I love it.

Congrats on the grandson!!!!

Engine

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah that bridge was pretty cool, engine. No point for it I could see. Another display of man's domination of the wilderness, maybe, haha!? The other side there is a boggy beaver pond. The creek ain't that deep and about two hops and you're across. The fishin is just as sorry on the other side of the creek as it is on this one. Hasn't been there that long and lots of hunters will be out here pretty soon when rifle season starts so I figured they might have put it up for convenience. A little bit more solid construction than the usual yuppies gettin in touch with nature projects.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
That bridge kind of looks like a boy scout deal. Do they camp up there? You have a really handsome grandson.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations RGINN,

Muy guapo el Mateo, we too are culecos here with a new grandson.

My wife would tell me of her fond memories as a little girl. Her dad would bring her baby cottontails, or baby quail in his hat. When my middle son was a baby he was a little one so I put him inside my hat, and we took a picture. That's one of my wife's favorite picture, but we can't find it. We are waiting for a small grandchild to do it again.

Homar

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions