Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a tractor grill out in a pasture after I dug it my detector kept reading overload and I couldn't get it to pinpoint any specific items, I was wondering if there was any tricks to overcome the overload signal so I can go back and look for emblems or other parts, ive got a whites eagle spectrum. push comes to shove I guess I could just start digging and see what I pull out by hand

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dig brother! :occasion14:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try raising the coil higher & higher above the target as you swing, this will place the target further away from the coil and if it's not huge then this will often cure the issue.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you are on top of the rest of the tractor you will never get past the overload.

Search in from the edges and dig out the layer where the grill sat.

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be sure that you are not near an electric fence or the EMI will overwhelm the detector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread