Overload On The 2011 Dimes Today

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
I had 2 banks to pick up from today - 8 boxes at each bank. 1st bank gave me 3 out of 8 that were 2011's and the next one was 8 out of 8 2011's. I felt a little bad as I gave them right back and said the standard, "My kids look through these to find ones for their books, so these are of no use to us." They were understanding and took them back with no sighs or rolling of the eyes.

Has anyone else been getting full boxes lately? I am getting string rolls and this was the first time I have ever got a box of new coins from ordering. Do you just keep ordering and hope they start getting back to the circulated coins? Is this a good sign or bad? Meaning, are so many people ordering that all the circulated rolled boxes are gone and they are just shipping pout new?

Upvote 0

captainfwiffo

May 11, 2011
Southwest Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm getting mixed dimes, no pure BU 2011 rolls yet, but a few are mixed in. For whatever reason I am getting a lot of super-shiny 2010-D in dimes, which is weird because I'm East coast and usually get a lot more P coins first.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not solid boxes though I havent gotten a box of dimes in 2 months... back when I was doing dimes(I quit after a 5 box skunk streak) I noticed about 3-5 per roll.

treeslayer

Apr 9, 2010
I got 4 at one bank last week. I took them to another bank and deposited them in the account. I would never tell the pick up bank that i did not want to take them. They always have my coins when they said they would , and i have not missed a coin pick up ever. But if your bank dose not mind , then do what you got to do. Good luck and happy hunting.

Bentfork

Jan 4, 2010
Oklahoma
Plenty of them. I stopped counting at 8 boxes I think. A friend of mine locally who roll hunts from banks different from my banks has hit about 6 boxes of solid 2011s. He penny hunts and has had numerous boxes of those stinking new Zincolns that are uncirculated.

Bentfork

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This morning I asked the teller for $30.00 in dimes and $30.00 in pennies and every roll he laid on the counter was brand new. I explained that I was looking for old coins and he gladly swapped them out for CWR.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that sucks....so far ive only gotten a box a few months ago that was majority 2010 UNC, but not 100% ..... <knocks on wood for tonights dimes>....

db23

Mar 18, 2011
mdockter said:
This is the reason I buy the dimes off my credit union's coin counters.
Only since June 17th... What did you do before that?

db23

Mar 18, 2011
treeslayer said:
I took them to another bank and deposited them in the account. I would never tell the pick up bank that i did not want to take them.
+1
I did the same with the 2 2011 boxes I got a couple weeks ago.

The next time I went to the pickup bank that gave me the 2011s I asked the vault teller if he'd get me some older boxes or boxes that at least didn't have the same date as the ones I'd gotten the 2011s in, he was more than happy to swap them.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
MentalUnrest said:
I had 2 banks to pick up from today - 8 boxes at each bank. 1st bank gave me 3 out of 8 that were 2011's and the next one was 8 out of 8 2011's. I felt a little bad as I gave them right back and said the standard, "My kids look through these to find ones for their books, so these are of no use to us." They were understanding and took them back with no sighs or rolling of the eyes.

Has anyone else been getting full boxes lately? I am getting string rolls and this was the first time I have ever got a box of new coins from ordering. Do you just keep ordering and hope they start getting back to the circulated coins? Is this a good sign or bad? Meaning, are so many people ordering that all the circulated rolled boxes are gone and they are just shipping pout new?

You told your bank you have 8 boxes of dimes for your kids to look through every week for ones for their collections.. LOL
Are you running a sweat shop with your kids? :laughing9: I can just picture a group of kids looking at every dime piece for a specific date and them going through 8 boxes every week. WOW.. A good parent would have their kids reading school books..LOL :laughing9:

Hadn't seen boxes of 2011's yet.. perhaps due to your volume, you may be the single reason why your order bank became short on dimes and placed an order with the FED for new coinage. Guess that's a drawback to doing a lot in volume. Just a guess.

tgcougar

Jun 8, 2011
SFBayArea said:
MentalUnrest said:

You told your bank you have 8 boxes of dimes for your kids to look through every week for ones for their collections.. LOL
Are you running a sweat shop with your kids? :laughing9: I can just picture a group of kids looking at every dime piece for a specific date and them going through 8 boxes every week. WOW.. A good parent would have their kids reading school books..LOL :laughing9:

Hadn't seen boxes of 2011's yet.. perhaps due to your volume, you may be the single reason why your order bank became short on dimes and placed an order with the FED for new coinage. Guess that's a drawback to doing a lot in volume. Just a guess.

He feeds them, clothes them and they have a roof over their heads. Put those nimble fingers to work!!! :tongue3:

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
db23 said:
Only since June 17th... What did you do before that?

Complained about how much halves sucked in this area, and was happy to get 2 boxes of dimes with a single silver in them...then, as always, I read some good info on this forum and turned it into practice. Someone said it was totally worth it to grow balls and ask a bank you have a great relationship with for the bags off the counter...

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I picked up 2 boxes of dimes Thursday and 1 was all 2011s. I traded it at another bank for non 2011s. I told them the same thing. I collect coins and these are of no use to me. They didn't have a problem exchanging them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread