Overload talk...Heres what I do, Per Dileks post

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The two tones can over work you if in a trashy area but I use different modes for different areas. I really don't understand why you aren't finding deeper unless its just not there to find. I am hitting targets at 36-39 centimeters which is 14-15 inches. When it pin points that deep its hard to believe and im a skeptic so I don't but it proves me wrong when my shovel disappears down in the hole

LenLuv

Apr 27, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Jack

I feel your pain. I was so excited, just got a MAkro Racer last week. It just about rattled apart from overloads, lots of nails and old cans galore in my spot. Trashy as all. I didn't have this issue with my delta 4000 but I obviously missed a lot.

I switched out to a 5 inch head it doesn't cover the area but it can pinpoint the good reads much better without digging up every piece of iron and tin first. I raise up the head as well when I get overloads to check the signal but all signals change based on distance. Also the overload might be the "Big Cache" 😛 so dig I must!

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With my Nokta I do have the overload going off but I really have found that when they say two inches they mean it. I started holding the coil 2-3" and my overload stopped as long as I didn't have the machine cranked to crazy levels in the 90's etc.
I was out in the woods where a lot of leaf litter was and actually the overload went off and helped me find a hubcap to a 1950's pedal car, not a great find but cool to find out in the middle of the woods.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread