sliteofhand

Tenderfoot
Oct 27, 2004
Jeffersontown, KY
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 50
Primary Interest:
Other
My teachers said I was easily distracted and easily entertained. Seems like treasure hunting fits the bill.
I was out Wed and started working a site and I got a signal on my XTerra 50 set on all metal that registered 27 and 16; neither of which I quite understand yet. The depth was predicted at 3 inches. Being new I dig every hit, and I wave each and every handful of soil past the coil. Handmade bricks at 3" so down I go to 6". Still more bricks, but still getting the same readings.
At one foot, I stuck the coil into the hole and got an overload warning. My guide book says an overload cannot hurt my circuitry. I found out that there was a house with stables on the property up until about 1927 or 28, and then razed. It is now public property. Since it was getting dark, I filled in the hole and will go back early Sunday and spend the day if necessary. What a hoot! I have no idea what I am after but China is a long way. I have already found a clad quarter so the day was a success, and today I found a washer on the ground. Like i said, I am easily entertained. ;D

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been told that coal ash from coal furnaces will cause this also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread