Flounder

Mar 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have no physical reason not to go for the heavier Dual Field, thats the one to get. I preferred the original Surfmaster which handled my beach conditions much better than the Pro as it had a pulse delay control. They took this off the Pro but it did have a slightly better pulse delay (15 u/s) than the original model.
The Dual Field followed and had the controls of both the previous models so you could tackle a wider range of ground conditions. It also had the improved 15 u/s of the Pro and the D.F. coil design did provide good sensitivity with its small inner coil whilst the large outer one provided both extra depth and greater ground coverage.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Or you could go with the Tesoro Sand Shark and find the exact same targets for less money and an even better warranty..

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or you could go with the Tesoro Sand Shark and find the exact same targets for less money and an even better warranty..
white's would out perform a tesoro any day

liftloop

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A Chevy goes faster than a Ford! :tongue3:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
only on race day

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
terry I know i give you a hard time
but all in all
I would still buy you a beer if we were in the same Tavern

liftloop

OP
OP
Flounder

Flounder

Mar 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did go with the DF, and so far I love it (one quick hunt yesterday evening right before dark, heading out today in a bit for low tide and a much longer field test). I do feel like I made the right choice, the power and ease in mineralized sand is amazing.

At $775 with no tax for a new one, I feel like it was every bit as good a value as the SS.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did go with the DF, and so far I love it (one quick hunt yesterday evening right before dark, heading out today in a bit for low tide and a much longer field test). I do feel like I made the right choice, the power and ease in mineralized sand is amazing.

At $775 with no tax for a new one, I feel like it was every bit as good a value as the SS.

Congratulations! No go get some!!! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Flounder

Flounder

Mar 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did a couple hours today, man am I beat! I am using a small handled scoop so I am bending over to dig. That's a tough nut, but I am ordering a scoop tonight or tomorrow, so it won't be long until I am digging proper. I had to again let targets go as I would have had to dunk my head underwater to dig, that's a tough thing to do. Also couldn't wade into the deep holes at low tide, again due to the scoop.

I picked up 6 quarters, 2 nickels (my first nickels, yay!) and 4 pennies. Also picked a fair amount of trash, but not so much it was overwhelming. Would've been even easier had I had a long handled scoop with a magnet inside the basket.

Man, I do love to find stuff! PI for the win :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread