Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Jon....
I got a 1920 merc, 1918 Buffalo Nickel, a deteriorated wheat penny found in a bottle, and a musket ball.

It was nice to meet everyone and talk to some new faces. It was nice to see all the old faces too.

So again Thanks Jon for hosting it.

Thanks Mr. Senior for the Polish coin....Nobody went home empty handed cause of your niceness.

Attachments

• IMG_0384.JPG
    IMG_0384.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 642

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Ditto Bob!

Just got ticked off. I mean just got the ticks off.

Thanks Jon, sorry I missed you on the way out but I'm running late already on some chores and gotta get to them. Thanks again!

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jon, it was great to see you and everyone else. . . thanks again for hosting :thumbsup:

Oh, I got 3 pocket knives, 2 forks, 1/2 spoon, a 29-S wheat, and a 1909 Indian (no S >:( )

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks P2C for organizing the group hunt at the woods and nice meeting everyone as well :icon_thumright:
I bad with names and I apologize,but thanks for the coin in the beginning of the hunt :icon_thumleft:

I got a unreadable wheat penny,shot gun casing and old lock at the group hunt..After everyone left from the hunt I had a hr to burn so I went a short ways where we were at and scored a 43 war nickel and a first for me as well :icon_pirat:

I also found 4 ticks on the way home :o

P1000458.jpg

M

MR Senior L4S

Thanks JON ------ and nice, all of You , meet with //////////// My f- was: wheaties 1910, 20, 24,27,37,45( last w/p2c ) , 1 merc-1937 , HGF 14K ring , ""good luck ""token , and somme other adds ////////////// Tim , did You find out what is on Yours V niskel on reverse ?

Attachments

• IMG_0075.JPG
    IMG_0075.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 375

needle n haystack

Dec 20, 2009
Northern, IL
Detector(s) used
Etrac / ctx 30/30
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Jon

I didn't get anything not even ticks........ but I had a great time and learned alot about woods hunting from all. I think i'll spend as much time as I can in woods the rest of this year. Thanks again

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for hosting the hunt Bud! Nice to meet the new faces, and good to see the 'ole mugs as well :thumbsup:

Looks like some great new hunters are going to be adding to our future tallies :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

Ended up with 7 wheaties, didn't check the dates, just threw them in the wheat jar, '39-s merc and a '42 plain, and a '34 buff.

Thought I had a tick before I hit the shower....ended up being just a dingle berry hanging on for dear life after I tried smoking the ticks away. ;D

nhagan

Jul 27, 2010
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
dang the looks like the old man (metman) and i missed out on a good time! we will be there next time for sure!
neil

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks jon for setting up the hunt! Thanks also to mr.senior for the polish coin. Sure where alot of etracs out there today. Good to see everyone again. My finds included a 1921 buffalo , 3 wheats and 2 boyscout pins.

Attachments

• P1090807.JPG
    P1090807.JPG
    167.8 KB · Views: 390

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
needle n haystack said:
Thanks Jon

I didn't get anything not even ticks........ but I had a great time and learned alot about woods hunting from all. I think i'll spend as much time as I can in woods the rest of this year. Thanks again

Winter is the right time for the woods... Usually hunt-able unless there is a super long period of deep freeze; freeze kills off those darn ticks; and unlike late spring - early fall, not much underbrush.

We should have a mid-winter wooded hunt at some point somewhere...

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
Hey all!
Thanks for coming. I had a really good time seeing both old and new faces. I am glad that many people found some good stuff. Thanks to Mr. Senior for supplying everyone with a nice Polish coin -- also thanks for group pix.

My take was 5 wheat, a rather large (like half dollar size but thin) good luck charm with a carved out 4-leaf clover and around the edge "I bring you good luck." One 8 inch deep heart breaker (a 1966 clad dime) and some other pocket change. No silver for me today, but I am glad there was a silver count for people.

Maybe for the brave we could try a January hunt ...

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
boo hoo down with the flu.

i could tell last nite it just wasnt to be.

im in the cough ur lungs out with yellow crap stage.

at least the shivers and shakes are gone :thumbsup:

i got out in the late aft close by for a few hours.

if i can walk im hunting dammit. got a 45 merc
only coin found . i will post later.

so i was with you in spirit if not flesh.

congratulations everyone on ur finds and

enthusiasm for hunting.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Hey John, thank again! Did get to pull a couple neat mercs ('24 & '36 plains) and a front-side toasted wheatie, tent grommets, pocket knife, watch parts, spoonsand a '98 V nick that is about 65% of original width, with no detail on the back that I can see. I was hoping to see some scribing on the back side, as Mr. Senior suggested there might be, but it looks smooth as a baby' 'batts behind.

Mr. Senior, it's always an educational opportunity when hunting with you!

jfrag21

Greenie
Oct 5, 2010
Thanks Jon for organizing this hunt; I had a great time. I learned some hunting tips from some real pros. I did end up with one coin thanks to Mr Senior. It was nice seeing everyone and hope to see them again in the next outing. Juan

Pocket Spill

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Looks like you guys had a great time and some nice finds. Congratulations to all. Wish I could of made it but was out of town.

d-dub

Apr 15, 2009
Chicago, Il
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Minelab Excal II
Thanks Jon for putting together the group hunt. Great seeing all of you again and it was also great meeting some new faces. Lots of Etrac's in this bunch I tell you. Hope to do it again soon.

M

MR Senior L4S

D-Dub said:
Thanks Jon for putting together the group hunt. Great seeing all of you again and it was also great meeting some new faces. Lots of Etrac's in this bunch I tell you. Hope to do it again soon.
///////////////// Your coin is in my car .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread