Pancakes

S

stefen

Think y'all been sniffin the ole airplane glue too long....

What is today known as the modern pancake has been around for thousands of years...

Most all primitive societies had a flat bread or crepe-like pancake made of a crushed grain flour...

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
it's 9 at night and I am already hungry for pancakes...LOL I know what I have to make in the morning...husband likes them with a little/lot of maple syrup and a little Smart Balance Peanut butter...just a little....really gives it a nutty kick.
Peanut butter on pancakes is the way to go.

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70
Take your pancake recipe and use half the pancake flour.
Add the other half using instant rolled oates.

Outstanding!

simonds

Feb 4, 2005
Tioga Co. Pa.
Oh yeah pancakes.
We have been making maple syrup for the last couple weeks. We have been getting a very fancy grade syrup. First morning I had waffles and scrambled eggs and sausage covered with maple syrup and coffee. Second morning I had pancakes with two over easy eggs maple syrup, side pork and coffee. Third morning I had pancake with over easy eggs and covered with maple syrup and coffee. I think I could do this every morning. The fresh maple syrup is just so good.

Happy Trails
Clayton

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
True story ,
My wife questioned her grandmother about her ritual of making pancakes every Sunday morning . Grandma was in her late 60's at the time and Grandpa was considerably older .
With a twinkle in her eye Grandma explained ,
"Grandpa loves pancakes and I still like a little sex . Saturday night I get mine and Sunday morning he
gets his pancakes ."
Don't ya just love it when a plan comes together ;D

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We used to have pancakes with corn in them. " corncakes " that was mom's favorite.

S

stefen

simonds said:
Oh yeah pancakes.
We have been making maple syrup for the last couple weeks. We have been getting a very fancy grade syrup. First morning I had waffles and scrambled eggs and sausage covered with maple syrup and coffee. Second morning I had pancakes with two over easy eggs maple syrup, side pork and coffee. Third morning I had pancake with over easy eggs and covered with maple syrup and coffee. I think I could do this every morning. The fresh maple syrup is just so good.

Happy Trails
Clayton

Never had waffles or pancakes covered with syrup and coffee...does the coffee need to be fresh also :laughing7:

Sorry...just couldn't resist...

You're right...great combination (except side pork...is not kosher)

S

stefen

What about Johnny Cakes made with corn meal, sugar and water?

The smell of the cakes cooking is great...

simonds

Feb 4, 2005
Tioga Co. Pa.
Stefen,
Now that was funny. I never did good in grammer school or english class.
The meal was good and the coffee was great.
Thanks for reading it.

Happy Trails

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread