panning around a spring

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
There's a spring about a half mile from my house, it brings up some interesting minerals including (small) green garnets. I certainly would.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello2: Always-anywhere--anytime-check it all-gold is always where you don't expect it ESPECIALLY around springs-tons a au 2 u 2 -John

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Morning my friend Hosier John: As I once mentioned, there is an Indian that found Gold in a spring on the Gloria Pan arroyo. Every day it brought up several grams of fine Gold, so he built a cabin right over the spring and simply collected the gold daily. He lived quite well for the Back Sierra country.

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
H

hayhauler

Mar 31, 2010
Real de Tayopa said:
Good Morning my friend Hosier John: As I once mentioned, there is an Indian that found Gold in a spring on the Gloria Pan arroyo. Every day it brought up several grams of fine Gold, so he built a cabin right over the spring and simply collected the gold daily. He lived quite well for the Back Sierra country.

Don Jose de La Mancha

I would very much consider building a cabin over it if it has gold coming out of it. Couldn't be that lucky, could I? Guess there is only one way to find out.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DJDLM--Now THAT sounds like a place of biblical proportions. Lounge around and just wait for it to show. NEVER been that lucky but do like the gophers,ground squirrels,and critters who dig dens and push that dirt out for me to sample. :laughing7: tons a au 2 u 2-John

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wouldn't spend too much time doing the sand. You need to get below the sand! Onto bedrock or any false bedrock (lava flow) at the bottom of the spring. Yes, do a classified small bucket (3 gal) to check it out. Then, dig to the bottom and thouroughly do the sand/gravels/dirt that lies at the bottom. Just before you get to this last stage... call me. I'll help you out at this point for half of the take.... TTC

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ain't gona hurt noth'in to try it . I'd pan anything I took a mind to . Forget about the people or publications who tell you ...... " your wasting your time , ain't gona be no gold there " . The plain truth is , they don't know for sure . But you will ....... when you see for yourself . I'm of the belief that it never hurts to try and I've had reason to strengthen that belief over a few years .

Whats that they used to say when you was a kid ......... uh .........uh.........oh yea !

CAINT never COULD ! Pan on brother .

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sample holes require sampling....you do wanna know if you have several pay layers..however in a creek that sees decent flow yearly...i will rake the sand out of the way.. and try to sample the bedrock right away.....this is a spring though so the sand is deposited differently in a creek sand is deposited by floods its where it is for different reasons. i know a guy who gets gold from his well...........................in his toilet tank.....gold dust toilet tank...........house built over tertiary river................i hate him....punk. ;D so i say study your geology see whats possible and find bed rock...if you do find gold in your sand your gonna need more than a pan :laughing7:

OP
OP
H

hayhauler

Mar 31, 2010
pvillehunter, I think I would put some other type of tank between my well and toilet tank, just to make sure I wasn't flushing my gold, but that's pretty neat. Thanks for the advice.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seriously think of the gold that may be caught in fittings,n seams n such...."honey.... the pipes are clogged call the plumber already"......sometime later plumber says.."ok sir your pipes are workin"....."well what was the clog?"...."oh just some stuff in the line call me out anytime ill take care of it....."

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pvillehunter said:
sample holes require sampling....you do wanna know if you have several pay layers..however in a creek that sees decent flow yearly...i will rake the sand out of the way.. and try to sample the bedrock right away.....this is a spring though so the sand is deposited differently in a creek sand is deposited by floods its where it is for different reasons. i know a guy who gets gold from his well...........................in his toilet tank.....gold dust toilet tank...........house built over tertiary river................i hate him....punk. ;D so i say study your geology see whats possible and find bed rock...if you do find gold in your sand your gonna need more than a pan :laughing7:

Have your friend install a Commercial Activated Carbon water filter to catch it all.
Barbe Q the plugged up filter and get the gold.

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a spring about a half mile from my house, it brings up some interesting minerals including (small) green garnets. I certainly would.

hi astro if your finding green garnets they may be whats cal Uvarovite they are not really common where this spring is do you have serpentine or limestone but whats weird is this kind of Garnet is found in CA so if you find anymore try to save them and get them checked out

419GottaMinute

Jul 1, 2012
colfax, ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 400
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nj: that really depends on the underlying geologic formation and the flow of the water. There has to be gold in the path of the flow, and that flow has to be sufficient to move the gold. Research and active sampling are really the only way to tell

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i know one in Tazewell VA but it may look to good to be true

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread