panning in nj tillmans ravine

Feb 27, 2006
SUSSEX COUNTY, NEW JERSEY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle II SL 90
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tillmans ravine is in stokes state forest. can you pan in a state park in jersey? the ravine runs along the kittatinny mt ridge. got gps coordinates from nickmarch, by the way thanks again. might have to wait for better weather to walk trail along the stream in the ravine. comments always welcome. thanks, Ralph

Upvote 0

nickmarch

May 30, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ralph, if you put the coordinates I gave you into google maps it shows a green shaded area and a white area. Usually the green shaded is State property and the white is private property. See if you can track down the owner for permission.

I doubt that NJ has laws against panning. I would gess that no one pans in NJ so why have a law against it?

OP
OP
R
Feb 27, 2006
SUSSEX COUNTY, NEW JERSEY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle II SL 90
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nick, Tillmans Ravine runs from Walpack Center up to Stokes. it says there is a trail all along the stream .so i figure it might even go through private property. i have walked the Paulinskill Trail (old railroad bed) and that does the same. i guess the only way to find out is to do it. thanks, Ralph

Dec 26, 2006
jersey
Detector(s) used
MXT
I wonder if there is any glacial gold around High Point NJ and would there be any in situ? Are there pockets of white quartz in or around this area?

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
let me know if you find anything i would love to see NJ gold

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread