PANNING PLACES??????

05Duramax

Jan 6, 2008
ALASKA
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD, Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag (camo), GARRETT PRO POINTER
Just moved to Las Vegas NV from Alaska (not by choice) my orders through the Air Force made us. It's always fun to go from one extreme to the other. Anyway, I really got into gold panning and was wondering if there are any places close to my local to escape to. Any place is better then nothing and any help would be great. I have ATVs and 4x4s so terrain is not an issue. Just need an excuse to get away from town.

Thanks D

Upvote 0

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Eldorado canyon just south of boulder city. Look on the maps for a little place called Nelson. Keep an eye out for claim markers! Most of the gold down there is fine, but there are a few nuggets reported. Good luck!

OP
OP
05Duramax

05Duramax

Jan 6, 2008
ALASKA
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD, Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag (camo), GARRETT PRO POINTER
Thanks for the info now I think I'll get some USGS maps when I get back to the states and put the sluice to work.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Heres a few places check out…Chloride Mining Town, Goldfield Ghost Town, Oatman, Arizona , Potosi Ghost Town, Rhyolite Ghost Town and Searchlight….Thanks for your service…Art

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
05Duramax said:
Thanks for the info now I think I'll get some USGS maps when I get back to the states and put the sluice to work.

No sluicing there, unless you rig up a recirculator and lug in your own water. Its desert. The only water around is what comes from Hoover dam, and that is too slow and deep to do any sluicing.

I used to screen, dry pan and winnow when I was down there, then drag my cons home to pan in the washtub.

A highbanker would be OK in spots, but then you'll have to lug your diggings to the water.

Well anyways, no matter how you go about it, you have the Colorado river and lots and lots of desert. You'll figure something out- :)

slowreaper

Feb 11, 2007
Turners Falls MA
You will have better luck east of Dolan Springs then in Cloride, I don't think there is much open around Oatman.
Most people I know around there use Dry Washers, Between Dolan Springs and Meadveiw on the south side there is a few old mine with rich tailing piles. Mostly in the form of fist size rocks that can be broken up easy with real good yeild. If you go for the flour west of Dolan you might want to build or get a smelter type (run the sand through and cook out the gold)

Brad

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions