Pantera and 4" coil

beau-bc

Mar 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
MXT&Deus for relics &coins
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took the Pantera for a hunt,just planning to dig pulltabs and maybe gold. Had disc switch set to accept and hunted for a while,may pulltabs later switched the switch to reject .First target was the Standing Liberty,no date.Love the tones on the Pantera,had many different detectors over that spot,most recent the Mojave,and Vaq. with the 6" coil on it.Another thing I liked was I never dug a nail,can't say that with the others.So had to go over the whole area I just did in reject disc.

Attachments

• IMG_0070.JPG
    IMG_0070.JPG
    535.3 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0071.JPG
    IMG_0071.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0072.JPG
    IMG_0072.JPG
    559.1 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0073.JPG
    IMG_0073.JPG
    780.9 KB · Views: 70

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The 4" coil is great in the trash. i've made some of my better finds using that little hockey puck.
luvsdux

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other
This is the detector I want Tesoro to re-make, specifically... I really want to see a machine with that adjustable tone break feature WITH a manual GB.

My understanding is that the Pantera was not a big seller and so it had a very short production run. So they may need to do something different with the re-make.

I am sure this has been discussed ad nausium, but think about it... maybe the next new Tesoro will resemble this machine, but have some depth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread