Panzerkampfwagen IV track links

kadari

Aug 29, 2006
Estonia
Couple of years ago visited a farm in southern Estonia, and one local oldster told me a story about two german panzers, which were abandoned after running out of fuel. It happened in september 1944, when germans were leaving Estonia. After communists occupied our country, they blew those two monsters up, and took most of the parts to scrapyard. I asked this old man, if he would show me this place where all this happened, he said okay. We went there and I found many interesting things buried into the ground: eleven track links, couple of roadwheels and one big gearwheel, which drags those tracks.
I was told that there is possibility, that one of two barrels is still lying somewhere in the ground, so I revisited this place this August. No barrel this time, pair of track links and some smaller items.
But if Im lucky enough, Im gonna find it next year ;D

Attachments

• ace250 004.jpg
    ace250 004.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 445
  • ace250 006.jpg
    ace250 006.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 437
Upvote 0

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those are the nicest Panzerkampfwagen IV track links that I ever saw!! :o :o ;) I hope there's more goodies for you to dig at that site. Good luck!

Welcome to the forum, kadari!! :)

viper771

Jul 17, 2006
Germany
WOW im jealous! Those are cool finds! Id love to hit that area.. I guess there was a barn by me here in germany that they were going to tear down.. come to find out, the main part of the roof was being held up by 2 FLAK 88 Barrels!!! I was thinking, how would i go about taking those home?? HEHE.. but i guess someone recently took home a mammouth skeleton that came out of the Mainz/ frankfurt area... so i guess i could take home some bigger stuff. Keep us updated on your relics!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting finds and thanks for the post! Don't think I would carry them home. Good to hear from Estonia! HH, Mike

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post - I love to see the military relic posts as military history is one of my other hobbies.

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those are fantastic relics kadari. I should imagine that unless you had a vehicle to carry them away.... you must have a sore back by now ;D

Great to have you onboard with us, and hope to see many more things from your side of the world.

God bless
Peter

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread