Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

I was thinking to myself that 2 dollar bills never circulate, and therefore, have a greater possibility if producing older ones. I would like to know what dates and mints to look for- plus any varieties like star notes. I would like a list of the most collectible $1, $2, $5 dollar notes as well as varieties worth keeping for those with access to a paper money guide.

Thanks
HH
-GC

Upvote 0
OP
OP
goldencoin

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anything ???

HH
-GC

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I could help you GC.....I don't know much about paper money other than it spends pretty well.....lol.

Good luck.

taropatch

Dec 24, 2007
"Paper Money of the United State" by Friedberg.
Get a copy of this book on Amazon or see if your library carries it.

rydiggaahh

Mar 21, 2007
LI new york
i was purchasing $2 bills from the bank for a while. reciecved almost entirely brand new crisp bills every time. nothing old at all. probably 1976 was the oldest. most banks will have new bills stocked.

XX

Jan 11, 2008
taropatch said:
"Paper Money of the United State" by Friedberg.
Get a copy of this book on Amazon or see if your library carries it.

That's a decent generic catalog for going back to the dawn of US currency.

A better reference would be

Standard Guide to Small Size U. S. Paper Money 1928 to Date by John Schwartz and Scott Lindquist

8th Edition (VERY IMPORTANT TO CHECK AS THERE ARE PLENTY OF EARLIER EDITIONS STILL FLOATING AROUND AT BOOK STORES)

http://www.amazon.com/Standard-Guid...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1213016540&sr=1-1

This book will give a better breakdown of the notes and help you figure out which districts are worth more, especially for star notes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread