Paper Money Errors

Count Skrule

Nov 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the bank last week, the vault manager told me about two bills that a member was wanting to cash or sell. Both were old dollar bills, one with a blank back, and the other with a crooked print on one side. I am going to ask about them later today, and she said she would give the lady my number. I had picked up the left overs of her coins after she sold the good stuff to a collector. I should post the picks of the roll papers, as they were saddening. What do yall think tho, maybe I can get some pics of em.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Count Skrule

Nov 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I have no pics, but I talked with the owner and they said they would verify it with the reserve if I wanted. I have to do some research on these, and silver certs. I know nothing about these.

OP
OP
C

Count Skrule

Nov 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found one blank bill on ebay going for 500 dollars, and the offers were rejected. Silver certs seem to go only a little above face, unless they are stars. Also picked up $170 in loose halves and $50 in cwr dimes yesterday. 1x1964 and 1xhole in the head ken.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I have no pics, but I talked with the owner and they said they would verify it with the reserve if I wanted. I have to do some research on these, and silver certs. I know nothing about these.

they dont verify AND give it back to you, they will take it back and have it destroyed. if its destroyed it will be verified as an error, if its not an error, well, they will more than likely send you back the original. Errors are embarrassments and bank policy is technically to send them back along with $500+ bills to be removed from circulation.

OP
OP
C

Count Skrule

Nov 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the feedback, every bit helps.

OP
OP
C

Count Skrule

Nov 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, so i finally met up with the owner of the blank back. it is a 1972 dollar bill. it had the red and blue fibers and looked very crisp. i told her to look into it, i didn't want to rip her off. i haven't looked a bill scales, but i would guess it was at least vf. no marks, nothing. i guess my offer would have been legit now that i take into account of your previous post Don. oh yeah, the "crooked print" was an alignment error. it wasn't crooked, just had extra space on one, and another had so much that part of the other bill was showing. i wasn't sure what to offer, so i didn't even try.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread