Paper Money Hunting

FunWithTreasure

Oct 12, 2008
I was just wondering if you guys and gals paper money hunt like you do when you coin roll hunt? Do you go to the bank and get large amounts of bills to look through? If so what do you look for? Just curios as I coin roll hunt but I also like to collect paper money..If you do, do this what type of stuff do you normaly find?

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I picked up $100 in singles to just try it out. What I am looking for is low serial numbers, good condition star notes, errors, & "Wheres George" notes. I only found 2 horrible star notes, so I will send them back into circulation.

I like finding the "Wheres George" note, some people save them, I just enter them on the website and send them on their way. :thumbsup:

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureFiend said:
Yesterday I picked up $100 in singles to just try it out. What I am looking for is low serial numbers, good condition star notes, errors, & "Wheres George" notes. I only found 2 horrible star notes, so I will send them back into circulation.

Ditto. Except I also get fives, tens and twenties, just not as many at a time.

P.S. You know, the funny thing is I search all these bills and usually come up with nothing but when I'm not searching I ALWAYS seem to come across old bills and stuff. For example, I got a Series 1969 $10 bill this weekend at the gas station.

-Codes

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got another $100 in singles today and got nothing... >:(

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
In 2009 I will be posting my currency finds. I usually do about $10K in $1s a week, minimum. Also of course, $2s, $5s, $10s and $20s. I don't really do $50s or $100s as the collectible value is next to nothing over face value unless it is a very collectible note. I have a long list of things to look for. Web notes are one thing to look for if you are doing $1 notes but my average is about 1 out of 30,000 notes or so. And of course, as every day goes by, the odds of finding one gets worse.

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DrDetector said:
In 2009 I will be posting my currency finds. I usually do about $10K in $1s a week, minimum. Also of course, $2s, $5s, $10s and $20s. I don't really do $50s or $100s as the collectible value is next to nothing over face value unless it is a very collectible note. I have a long list of things to look for. Web notes are one thing to look for if you are doing $1 notes but my average is about 1 out of 30,000 notes or so. And of course, as every day goes by, the odds of finding one gets worse.

i'd be greatly interested to hear about your finds...i go through ones sometimes

HH
-GC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions