Papers rolls mixed with plastic rolls in a Brinks box of dimes

The Jersey DEvil

Nov 29, 2009
Tri state area, USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500, Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cibola, Garret Grand Master Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the first box of Brinks dimes where 23 out of 50 rolls are CWR paper rolls. They should all be MWR plastic rolls. Why are there paper rolls in the box? Did they run out of plastic & someone had to physically roll up 23 paper rolls? Has anyone else seen this? Anyway, inside a paper roll was a 1957 Rosey. It was the only silver dime in the box.

Attachments

• 2012-09-01 07.53.20.jpg
    2012-09-01 07.53.20.jpg
    428.8 KB · Views: 1,474
Upvote 0

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
This is the first box of Brinks dimes where 23 out of 50 rolls are CWR paper rolls. They should all be MWR plastic rolls. Why are there paper rolls in the box? Did they run out of plastic & someone had to physically roll up 23 paper rolls? Has anyone else seen this? Anyway, inside a paper roll was a 1957 Rosey. It was the only silver dime in the box.
As long as there is silver, don't ask questions ;)
Just kidding! No that has never happened to me, and suprised to see it... Don't possibly know! Maybe they're taking a budget cut ;D
good luck!
Wicka

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm convinced they just re-tape brinks boxes routinely, since they are normal recashed in as full rolls by CRH as opposed to loose coin

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Happened to me once when buying 5 boxes of nickels.

Sleazyj

Mar 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I almost thought that was one of mine, but I normally rewrap them and put three lines down the side. Then return with plastic and cwr of dimes.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I called one of my banks to pick up a couple boxes of dimes, they said they had two full boxes. When I got there, it turned out that one of the boxes had been opened. So, the head teller took however many rolls that were missing from the box out of another teller's drawer and then re-sealed the box right in front of me. I image that's what happened to your box.

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Other day i had the same old school dark green rolls you see there from a box of dimes. It was Loomis though i believe however the rolls had not silver but showed signs of older than average coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread