D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am going to an old park in a small country town in IL today. I talked to a man that lived across the street from it that has lived in the same house for over 50 years. He told me the park isn't used anymore but 30+ years ago it was a very popular park with a bandstand and lots of activity each weekend. I asked him if anyone ever metal detected the park and he said maybe one guy but he didn't stay long. He said he had a truck like yours and I said it was me I was only there for 20 mins that day because I had to get home but never found anything but bottle caps in 20 minutes. He said if you take your time hunt near the bandstand you should find something because anywhere from 40 to 200 people used to sit on the grass and watch the bands perform.

As i said i was the guy there but I never got on hit other than a cpl pieces of copper tube and old bottle caps. I have and ATP and usually hunt on zero mode. I am wondering if I should keep it that way or maybe change the frequency. I am assuming everything is 4"+ deep. I know there are 100's of bottle caps and probably lots of other trash as well. I live about 35 miles from there so i don't want to put a cpl hundred miles on going back to detect again and again if it isn't producing.

Any suggestions

I did find an old waltham watch plus $5.49 in clad the other day in a well hunted park. I found out the watch was worth $30 and if it worked which it don't it would have been worth $200+. Waltham hasn't been made since 1957

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love pro zero with descrim set to 31 on the AT Pro. That is the way I would tackle it. That and the 5x8 Pro coil of course! ;)

Good luck!

OP
OP
N

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's about the way i have mine set. I do use the 8x5 coil I bought from you. Thanks

OP
OP
N

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know it was cleaned out to the tune of $8.02 in clad and that was only around the shelters. I dug probably 25 bottle caps and about the same in tabs as well. It is very trashy but worth the hunt with results like that. I don't think I did to bad for 2 hours. I probably only covered 5% of the park. Aside from that I stopped at a lil park about 100' x 50' with just a swing and a cpl benches and picked $5.49 in clad. So for about 3 hours of hunting yesterday I did $13.51

I would love to find more cleaned out parks like that...LOL

OP
OP
N

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800