Park Detecting insanity

banjonyc

Sep 13, 2012
Brooklyn NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, White Beach Hunter ID 300, minelab Excalibur II
So, I went detecting in my local park today. Here in NYC you need a permit for everything, and detecting in parks is no different. Clearly, not many people want to get this permit as it seemed there was so much stuff i was digging up that it must not have been hunted for a long time.

Tons of garbage like pull tabs and caps, but i didnt leave a 10 foot square area and was there for two hours. The crazy part was, my Garrett pinpointer was going off when i would just lay it down on the ground while digging a find. It got to the point that i was just dragging the pointer on the ground and getting tons of signals. more than 70 percent were coins just doing this method. It was nuts. EVentually the pointer must have drained because it got wonky and was just ringing in the air. Ill change the batteries tomorrow as I researched this and apparently this is common when the battery gets low.

Ill keep going to this park for now. Fun

Upvote 0

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice. Send some pics.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you find any old coins or jewelry? I'd hate to have to buy a permit to dig some clad in a bunch of trash.

fano169

Jul 23, 2012
Banjonnyc I bet you it was a brooklyn park . They seem to be loaded with trash , when I hit em

OP
OP
banjonyc

banjonyc

Sep 13, 2012
Brooklyn NY
Detector(s) used
No Old coins or Jewelry. Mostly lots of clad along with a ton of trash

OP
OP
banjonyc

banjonyc

Sep 13, 2012
Brooklyn NY
Detector(s) used
Banjonnyc I bet you it was a brooklyn park . They seem to be loaded with trash , when I hit em

Yup. Brooklyn has a lot of trash, but found a lot of clad too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread