Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coins from the late 50s, I guess.

Nice take.

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
4 in one day!! wow i did that once and only once. that was about 2 years ago when i first got the dfx. bowser was there amazed and toad was there pissed :laughing7: a day you will remember. willy

Tattooguy67

Sep 26, 2009
Kalamazoo MI
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT & Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
That is outstanding dime work there! nice job on the video to, thanks for sharing that and HH. :thumbsup:

Chuck.

OP
OP
G

gibsondan

Nov 15, 2008
hurricane dale said:
beautiful holes.. wish i was the groundsman there..lol
I cut three sided square plugs. The uncut side keeps the roots attached and the grass from dying. It also is a hinge for the sod I flip over. When I flip the sod back down, it fits perfectly. I've hunted that site three times within 3 or 4 weeks. My last time there I couldn't find most of my old holes. The ones I could find were barely visible.

I used to cut small round plugs. The grass always died and turned brown. When I returned later I could see all the places I dug. Another thing I've learned is that it's better to make a hole a little bigger. There's nothing worse for the sod than digging a small plug and then having to make it bigger. It's a mess. I don't have that problem any more.

TejasDigger

Sep 5, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
gibsondan said:
hurricane dale said:
beautiful holes.. wish i was the groundsman there..lol
I cut three sided square plugs. The uncut side keeps the roots attached and the grass from dying. It also is a hinge for the sod I flip over. When I flip the sod back down, it fits perfectly. I've hunted that site three times within 3 or 4 weeks. My last time there I couldn't find most of my old holes. The ones I could find were barely visible.

I used to cut small round plugs. The grass always died and turned brown. When I returned later I could see all the places I dug. Another thing I've learned is that it's better to make a hole a little bigger. There's nothing worse for the sod than digging a small plug and then having to make it bigger. It's a mess. I don't have that problem any more.

I think I'm gonna start making mine bigger! I've tried doing those little plugs also and have hit several of my coins in the process. I hit a mercury and a wheat in the same hunt the other day. I think you're doing a good job and love watching the videos, so keep them coming!

OP
OP
G

gibsondan

Nov 15, 2008
TejasDigger said:
I think I'm gonna start making mine bigger! I've tried doing those little plugs also and have hit several of my coins in the process.

That's a very good point! I've done that too. Man, I hate it when that happens. (Thanks for the good words!)

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800 & Makro Multi Kruzer, the rest are collecting dust...
Nice hunting, four mercs in one hunt is a good day in my book :hello2:

The Jersey DEvil

Nov 29, 2009
Tri state area, USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500, Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cibola, Garret Grand Master Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are beautiful higher grade silver coins. I love how terrific looking lost silver is from inland sites. But I hate how silver looks found on beaches as they are damaged from the corrosive salt water & wave action. However, coins lost at inland sites look as good as the day they were lost. Congrats on finding 4 lovely vintage coins & bringing them out of the ground to see the light of day again.

Finding silver is always a thrill - even if its just a silver Rosey. Heck, I'm even digging zinc cents now. Why? Because anything that says the United States of America on it deserves to be dug. Besides, a penny is a penny whether it is copper or zinc. Lost money is lost money I say & treasure is where you find it.

Happy hunting folks!

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silver finds and nice video.

OP
OP
G

gibsondan

Nov 15, 2008
The Jersey Devil said:
They are beautiful higher grade silver coins. I love how terrific looking lost silver is from inland sites. But I hate how silver looks found on beaches as they are damaged from the corrosive salt water & wave action. However, coins lost at inland sites look as good as the day they were lost. Congrats on finding 4 lovely vintage coins & bringing them out of the ground to see the light of day again.

Finding silver is always a thrill - even if its just a silver Rosey. Heck, I'm even digging zinc cents now. Why? Because anything that says the United States of America on it deserves to be dug. Besides, a penny is a penny whether it is copper or zinc. Lost money is lost money I say & treasure is where you find it.

Happy hunting folks!

Amen!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions