Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A couple things I managed to squeeze out of this old run down park i hunt every once in a while. Nothing really noteworthy.. the ball is a magnet; my first magnet ball. Not in the photo; about 50 pop tabs and normal scrap.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1483488860.396596.jpg

Upvote 10

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on digging all those good targets. :occasion14: The clad adds up quickly and helps fund the hobby. :icon_thumright: You can only dig what's in the ground at the site your hunting. What detector were you using?

I always check the dates on my nickels and keep the older ones from the 1950's on back and consider them keepers. What's your oldest nickel in today's finds?

I also have low expectations. As long as I find a keeper I was not skunked. In my eyes a wheat penny is a keeper.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on working an old run down, probably "hunted out part". Detecting these areas of no return for many yield a lot of keepers if you take your time and enjoy the process.
Of course a smaller coil helps! :icon_thumleft:

I love detecting old "hunted out parks", no competition, since everyone thinks there are no keepers left. We both know that's not true!

OP
OP
DannyB.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on digging all those good targets. :occasion14: The clad adds up quickly and helps fund the hobby. :icon_thumright: You can only dig what's in the ground at the site your hunting. What detector were you using?

I always check the dates on my nickels and keep the older ones from the 1950's on back and consider them keepers. What's your oldest nickel in today's finds?

I also have low expectations. As long as I find a keeper I was not skunked. In my eyes a wheat penny is a keeper.

The one Nickel I found today was 07' so not old.. oldest penny was 69'. I dug a bunch of rusty pennies so I'm guessing the guy before me doesn't not like to dig rusty pennies. I'm swinging the F75 the new one. I've had it for a year now, just haven't had a chance to get out due to work travel. I was using the Tesoro Compadre and silver UMax for the last couple of years and I can tell you that the Fisher is a whole different machine and process. The double d and pinpointing takes a little getting used to. But, im getting a little more confident with it. I think the Tesoro's are a little better with target separation in trashy areas due to their size I guess? I know the Fisher is a good machine; I just gotta get it over the good targets.

OP
OP
DannyB.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratualtions on working an old run down, probably "hunted out part". Detecting these areas of no return for many yield a lot of keepers if you take your time and enjoy the process.
Of course a smaller coil helps! :icon_thumleft:

I love detecting old "hunted out parks", no competition, since everyone thinks there are no keepers left. We both know that's not true!

I was thinking that exact same thing today. I know I missed some potentially good targets do to the fact that the Fisher D coil try's to grab everything at once.. compared to my Tesoro 8 inch coil. I have the Fisher 5inch that came with my f75, however it's currently on the other side of the country in Seattle.. I'm kicking myself for forgetting it; it's never been used, I've been wanting to give it a try.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The older coins are better by our hobby standards, but the clad adds up also. I never mind digging clad, as at the end of the year I cash it in and am able to purchase many ounces of silver for myself. Congrats on your finds.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was thinking that exact same thing today. I know I missed some potentially good targets do to the fact that the Fisher D coil try's to grab everything at once.. compared to my Tesoro 8 inch coil. I have the Fisher 5inch that came with my f75, however it's currently on the other side of the country in Seattle.. I'm kicking myself for forgetting it; it's never been used, I've been wanting to give it a try.

You will be surprised at what the 5" coil will sniff out of previously pounded sites. I run mine in FA process when I use the small coil. When I became interested in the F75 back in 2014, I wanted one with Boost to get more depth and soon after getting mine I also got a 12" x 15" butterfly coil to get even more depth. Now 2 years later I have been hunting previously pounded permissions and am amazed at my finds. In the past year I have bought 3 coils smaller then the stock DD. My big coil still gets used, but mainly in fields and target sparse sites.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!