Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out to the oldest park in town where I had hunted once before with another brand of detector and did pretty good on coins. Took my trusty 2500 and went over the same grounds. (I'm always experimenting with these darn things). Found a pocket full of quarters and pennies, three nickels and 5 dimes. Two of the nickels were dated 1964 and one was a new one. I forgot to count them before I tossed them into my coffee can but probably 4 or 5 bucks worth easily. l was still getting coin signals running on the jrwelry mode but they all indicated pennies and it was hot and I got tired of digging those rusty, half corroded pennies. ..As I was leaving two homeless guys rode up on bicycles and had breakfast under one of the pavilions. A warm can of Budweiser each! They contributed to my finds I think as I found an area under some shrubs where I think they had been sleeping. Fond two dimes there! JIM

Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deal Jim, 5 bucks IS 5 bucks!

HH

Lonewolfe

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 dimes beats 2 caps from Thunderbird. (For you wine affecinados, Thunderbird is really cheap and nasty tasting wine. hic! ;D)

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good you are still getting out with all the heat this time of year and battery money is always good to find! HH, Mike

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Nice pocket full Jim,Sounds like it raised the level in the can quite abit.HH

F

Floater

Thats a great haul for a morning Jimmileo. Like they say "A Pork chop in every can". :D Burp. ;D

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone who has the opportuniety should get out right at sunrise like I do. When I leave the house it's still dark enough to use headlights and not very much traffic to contend with. By 6:00 AM the sun is peeking over the horizon and it is light enough to start detecting. Sometimes I just take a few minutes and take in the wonder of it all. I watch the city wake up and maybe have that last cup of coffee before I start. By the time the 9:00 rush hour is over it's time to head in and I get in 3 hours of detecting uninterrupted by anyone. It's Great! JIM

da Hobo

May 6, 2005
Northern Illinois
Tieren, Thunderbird is a class wine! ;D Try El Toro in a cardboard carton like milk used to come in. lol When I was in Argentina on a job my boss once told me that if my generator ever ran out of gas I could probably use El Toro.

Jim, I know what you mean about those quiet early mornings and even the evenings aren't too bad. Spent 5+ months in Argentina where they have the worlds most beautiful sunsets and spent lots of evenings sitting on the wall around the house with a class of that great El Toro and watched the sun set. Yes, life was good . . . . the wine could have been better. lol

Hobo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread