OP
OP
G

gwhitson

Feb 16, 2007
nw ar--se ks
Detector(s) used
whites dfx
good link i never saw it,i live on beaver and fish a lot ,and i've seen evidece of digging one time and they didn't last long it was a hole about 1 ft deep and 3 ft long

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
This is stupid. Why are they busting so many artifact collectors in recent news? If any of you police are reading, remember crack houses are still out there. Do your big work! After all meth labs are shut down, and crack is no longer available on street corners, then you can nitpick and come for us. I resent authority in the first place. When authority is abused, resent isn't a big enough word.

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
I heard about them ticketing hunters on Beaver as early as last year or the year before last. Those are some pretty stiff penalties! They are doing that with a lot of the lakes in the area.

pointshunter

Feb 10, 2013
ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gwhitson said:
the park rangers made the news today going to get arrowhead hunters on beaver lake arkansas 5yrs and 25,000 fine.these master criminals better stop picking up rocks, they need to b left alone to wash in the riverbed and get covered with 20 ft of silt.they,ve got a lot to do these park people

I actually think this is sad and again it's only my opinion but while i I don't agree with selling artifacts I don't see the harm in preserving our artifacts .letting them be buried and never to be found kind of upsets me because its like hiding our history , when they are in ones home they become like a living history because they are being shown and talked about and they are there for future generations to appreciate

pointshunter

Feb 10, 2013
ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NC field hunter said:
This is stupid. Why are they busting so many artifact collectors in recent news? If any of you police are reading, remember crack houses are still out there. Do your big work! After all meth labs are shut down, and crack is no longer available on street corners, then you can nitpick and come for us. I resent authority in the first place. When authority is abused, resent isn't a big enough word.

I totally am with u ! There is far worse crime to worry about !!!!

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drug dealers from Mexico Actually Smuggle artifacts through the border. Wherever there's money to be made .. if it's illegal.. there's more money. This cancer that has effected the legitimate honest law abiding citizens with a deep appreciation for the history of our land and treasuring items in a personal collection... has its roots in money. It's no coincidence that this problem hit the fan with the expansion of the Internet in the early nineties. That's why I believe the best answer would be to issue permits to law abiding citizens to collect isolated finds.. and finally start to work together with the local archaeologists.. and effectively be a watch dog group that didn't have to feel like everyone was out to get them. Instead We could all work together to to cure this sickness. JMO.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

gwhitson

Feb 16, 2007
nw ar--se ks
Detector(s) used
whites dfx
i'm originaly from ks and was there when they made elk river lake i found a few when it was first put in before they got onto collectors the lake riverbed was 30 ft deep where one high camp was the last time i was there the mound was washed down where there wasn't even a rock of any kind on what was left of the mound and the riverbed is about 5 ft deep now all filled with silt.guess where all the artifacts and rocks that was there are now

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are people that would try to tell you They are safe now... Saved for future generations to appreciate... Like one day someone is going to announce it's artifact appreciation day.. or they will be removed properly by archaeologists. with no mention of the fact that everything is now completely out of context and would only wind up in boxes and trays in a storage facility or a basement as isolated objects with very little information to offer. I'm sure more than one archaeologist may wind up reading this and agree. The sad fact is... the problems and complications tangled up in this issue are most efficiently dealt with by making it all go away.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread