Park sampling....

deano

Oct 25, 2008
sioux city ,iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus 2, Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 900, Nokta Makro Legend, Nokta Makro Simplex
Hit the road this last weekend again and sampled some more small town parks. With all the rain we've had around here some of the better parks were overgrown and made swinging the detector a pain. I managed some keepers at a few of the parks and plan to make a return trip. The '44 Washington, '58 Rosey,'16s Merc and the '00, '01, '02, '07 IHs all came from various parks this weekend. The '16s Merc made my heart jump a little when I turned it over and saw a mint mark.
Today I had about 2 hours to do some swinging so I headed out to find a spot that wasn't overgrown, finally found a spot near one of our older colleges that didn't look half bad. My first good signal was the '43 Walker :hello2: and not 5 minutes later I dug the '01 Barber dime. I had to get out of there before the mosquitos carried me away. I also got one wheat. Not too bad for an hour of hunting. Thanks for looking and HH
Deano
101_0693.jpg

101_0695.jpg
101_0696.jpg

Upvote 0
Now that is some productive sampling!!! Wish my samples were that good. Sampled a new park myself today....2 bucks in clad and a 61 roosie.....and I was happy with that. Congrats on finding some good spots to hunt! :thumbsup:

thats smokin great for just a sampling :icon_thumleft:

killer hunt!!!!!!! MR TUFF

some beautiful and abundant silver! great hunts! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Great finds Deano. I too live in Iowa and have the small town park strategy in play. I have not had quite the luck you have though. I will just keep swinging.

Hey Deano. After seeing your last few post I`m beginning to think you ain`t got much use for the map. Your do`in right fair on your own. WTG

That was one productive hour! Nice!

Great silvers! :icon_thumright: Bet the 16s gave your heart a rush. :thumbsup:

Great looking silver! :icon_thumright:
Love the condition of those coppers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back