The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This park site is beginning to turn into more than I expected....With the temp in the md 20's and a couple of inches of snow on the ground. I decided to go back to the park and find more goodies.... when I arrived the plan was to start in the woods and then from there to just wing it. As you can see in the pic the tall evergreens on the left is where the pioneer cabin was located......there is a small depression that can be seen , not a foundation or cellar hole.....some early cabins were built above ground. Very hard to see unless your looking for them.....

PA130003.JPG

When detecting behind the cabin location i finally got my first hit and it turned out to be a small flat button...down 5 to 6 inches....i continued on and my next hit was just what I have been looking for another large copper ....at the time it looked as if it was very worn , in other words ( a slug) another copper to add to the total.... But after cleaning it up I noticed it could be a Connecticut copper or even a King George still in rough shape!

PA130008.JPG

It turned out to be a fantastic day to dig....Sun was shining, a blue sky and when finding old stuff the thought of cold temps were far from what I am thinking about.....More coins and Relics!!! Not much for finds after the copper for about an hour then bam , old spoon bowl and pieces. So I just kept going found a couple more buttons , then a wheat back ....So I decided to drift out in to the woods , as walking found a few old cans and some old shotgun shells .....I know there is not hunting in the park so those babies go way back im sure before 1930's......I decided to make my way across the street and into the other side of the park , now that Iknow most of the old stuff is 5 to 6 inches or deeper i decided to just dig the deeper signals or I'd be digging pull tabs and pop tops....when I dug mys last find of the day i tuned out to ba a Canadian Large cent which was down 7 to 8 inches.....and it was in great shape.....it turned out to be another great day. Enjoy!

PA140017.JPG

Upvote 0

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You found a King George III, John. That is the way to do it. :icon_thumleft:

Kirk

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nicely done!

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
The Seeker

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Kirk.......you guys are still making a killing down in PA. :wink:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Look's good John :icon_thumright: How old do you think the cabin is?

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good day of cold hunting!!!! MR TUFF

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions