Greenie
Sep 26, 2013
Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm visiting friends in Ca., so I brought my ATPro. Went to a park with a swim area and with low water no need for the waders. After 2 hours my finds were a quarter, 14k white gold ring with 8 cz diamonds and dentures! I decided to try the grass area and it was a clad bonanza! In about an hour I found 3 quarters, 5 dimes, 7 nickels and 18 pennies. This was in an area 40 ft. by 50ft. most were less then 2 inches. I stopped digging signals that were more then 4". This grassy area is at least 200 yards long. Lots to search! Going back tomorrow!

Attachments

• coins.jpg
    coins.jpg
    821.1 KB · Views: 278
Upvote 0

dirtfishingdave

May 2, 2012
Pittsburgh,PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx3030,Fisher f75, Whites DFX with Sunray probe, Fisher gold bug 2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche hand shovel, Raven from Predator tools. Detectors I used to use: Minelab explorer se, Fisher f
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep digging all that shallow stuff, then go back over those areas again and again until you feel there isn't anything left. Those deep coins could be under those shallow ones. Maybe a little research on age of the park could help, if you can't find about it online try finding an old timer and ask him or her. If you are finding buffalo nickels there should be silver and wheats there. Glhh!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread