parks in delaware county?

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
Does anyone know if detecting is permitted in parks in Delaware County Pennsylvania? not state parks mind you but the county/neighborhood variety. i was hoping someone might know on the forum before i had to delve into a more extensive search on the topic. i know there are several people from delco on the forum, so how about it! does anyone have any info? thanks in advance!

fyrfighter17

Feb 24, 2007
Essington,Pa
Detector(s) used
GARRETT AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well I'm in Tinicum Twp and Ive only MD at the ballfield on 291..to the best of my knowledge its a township thing whether or not you're allowed to..personally I dont know of any specific rules against it..Ive tried a million times to find leads online and have gotten nowhere.altho we have some of the richest history in the state,the way the population has exploded its hard to find any of these places that are still open land...Id like to try around Ridley Lake in Ridley Park..that seems to be a good spot its been a popular attraction for years and years

root

Feb 25, 2005
Southeastern Pa.
As far as I know it's ok to M'D' in Delco parks. Even Public School ground is fair game. I'm actually sizing up Chester Park which opened in 1905 and sported a bandstand in the 50's that attracted some fairly popular entertainers. I used to sled in Chester Park as a lad and it was a popular spot for fireworks.

HH,

root

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
I've also got Chester Park on my list. Maybe we should do a small group hunt??? I've hunted a small park in Ridley twp with township workers watching. They didn't bother me at all so I guess i'm safe.

Anyone hunted Smedley? I'm figuring it would be well hunted.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
I'm in Wallingford, about a mile from the park. John, do you know where the band shell was?

root

Feb 25, 2005
Southeastern Pa.
Yes Dancer......... I know exactly where it was and there must be loads of coins there as hundreds if not thousand came to enjoy music there. This was popular in the 50's so there
silver in them thar hills.

HH,

root

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ok so do you want to do a group hunt? Do you think we need to get permission?

root

Feb 25, 2005
Southeastern Pa.
I've seen the reg. signs and they don't mention detecting. Perhaps we can get together some sat. afternoon.

No Ballplaying
No Golfing
No Gunning..:-)

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
I'm up for it. Prefer mornings myself due to lack of possible crowds but afternoons are not a problem. I'm available most weekends so pick a date!.

root

Feb 25, 2005
Southeastern Pa.
cntrydncr1 said:
I'm up for it. Prefer mornings myself due to lack of possible crowds but afternoons are not a problem. I'm available most weekends so pick a date!.

June 2nd works for me. Howabout you? I'm an early bird so anytime after 7 a.m.

Peace,

John

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
How about 7:30 at the tennis courts? My son has a game at noon and by then my knees will be screaming I am sure! My hubby will probably join us but doesn't have too much interest really so I'm not sure if he will stick around. Do you think we should send a shout out to hollowpointed and fyrfighter?

root

Feb 25, 2005
Southeastern Pa.
By all means notify the rest. 7:30 at courtside sounds great. My g/f may join us but I doubt it. This is not much of a spectator sport..:-)'

cya then,

John R.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread