Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Two hunts this weekend and one "Coinstar" raid yielded some interesting finds.

Hunt on 10/13 with John got me one of those strange Zodiac sign tokens IMG_6883.JPG .

John managed a 1945P war nickel to be his first silver of the day. We then left for a school site in Baltimore city. Built in 1930, this school held promise of some older finds. Not for me, but John did well with another silver....1953 Washington. I did make out well on clad quarters and also dug this cereal box token IMG_6867.JPG .

It served me well as a practical joke when John came over to see what I had. I just held it up and announced "silver dollar"! :)

Later that day on a run to the grocery store I checked the Coinstar to finds a modern Jefferson nickel and this proof-like coin from Canada IMG_6881.JPG .

On to today and I met up with Jamie at the famed "Indian Hill" at a Baltimore City park. I did pull the first Indian and it cleaned up well, revealing a coin that must have been
dropped in 1903. IMG_6873.JPG IMG_6871.JPG . This one somehow escaped getting toasted by the soil conditions; it was only about 4 inches deep. The other IHC I dug came from 8 inches and does not have a readable date.

My last target of the day turned out to be a relic, a keyhole escutcheon IMG_6868.JPG .
Never dug one of these. It bears a style not unlike these two examples keyhole escutcheon.jpg Antique-Victorian-Brass-Door-Escutcheon-Key-Hole-Lock-_57.jpg .

So a good weekend of hunting with friends. Congrats to John for his silvers and Jamie for his gold!

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Great finds. I remember those olympic tokens from when I was a kid. Not sure I've seen one since the 90s. Great finds!!

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, those are some cool finds! That IHP is gorgeous, as is the Canadian coin. The keyhole relic is my favorite, though. I've never found of those and yours is in good condition. Great job!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice hunt! :occasion14:

Great looking IH!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest: