austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Young man, I know you are 11 years old. Be very careful who you pick (or who picks you) to go hunting with. Just because they have a metal detector doesn't mean they are nice people. Be aware. Let people know who you are going with, where you will be and so on. And yes, I'm a retired teacher. Isn't it a pain? We're everywhere. Have a great time, but please be safe. Don't want your school picture to be on a milk carton...

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good advice from Austin.....maybe get your dad or another adult family member to tag along for your first few outings...
just to be on the safe side.

Regards + HH

Bill

OP
OP
jkng

jkng

Sep 14, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmm...you guys are right. Thanks for the advice!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy has a very valid point, especially for a youngster :icon_thumright: Better safe, than sorry

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy has a very valid point, especially for a youngster :icon_thumright: Better safe, than sorry
For youngsters- very true spartacus. And also females.
Metal detecting, I've have used the word "lurking" before. I'll rethink that now. LOL! Another word to refrain from, along with "swinging", I guess. Shucks!!
But everyone I've met in year one for me, has been real cool.
Almost!! LOL
Ray

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would recommend you join a local detecting club and get involved with their activities. As they say, there's safety in numbers. Most clubs welcome young, old, veterans, and newbies. It's a good place to get your feet wet and meet others like yourself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread